Toop.org Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Toop.org » What's Happening? » The Things They Do » Teachers Conferences

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Teachers Conferences
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Already at 2 years old Maria has conferences with her daycare teachers next week. Look back later to see what we find out and what new things we learn about Maria.

Posts: 3134 | From: Ramsey, MN  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vonnie
Grand Member
Member # 4

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vonnie           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Eric I really like this topic. I also like the colors.

It will be very interesting to hear what you find out. Maybe parents can steer kids in a better direction it they have something like this at an early age. I am sure most children at even the age of 2 are showing bad habits etc. Of course we never want to think that our kids aren't perfect. And of course it takes a very educated person to be able to pick out things in children. (Good or bad.) Sounds like this day care is really on the ball. I think back when my kids went to day care, all they did was play most the time. For a holiday she would have them make something special to bring home to mom. She did good at toilet training but sometimes I always thought she just went about her daily house duties (washing clothes etc.) while the kids played. She was good I must say at times when I was running late and I would just take Eric there in his pajamas. Boy this is really thinking back. I just wanted to make a point that the day care providers are making this into a real job and teaching and helping kids develop much more than they did when my kids were small.

Posts: 1399 | From: Eau Claire, WI USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Teacher conference was good. She is developing at a normal pace and is learning a lot that we already were aware of. We did find out that Maria does her share of bitting and hitting when she doesn't get her way or if someone is taking her toys away. We discussed the potty training and they are starting right away. It really shouldn't take that long to do.

Vonnie~home daycare is still like when you took Lynn and Eric to daycare.The last daycare she was at is the only one I found that wasn't like that. I have found that daycare centers are regulated more by the state than home daycares and it is more like a school than daycare. I love it, but how are we going to be able to afford that when we have another child? I am not going to worry about to much until that time....

Posts: 3134 | From: Ramsey, MN  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vonnie
Grand Member
Member # 4

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Vonnie           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I also know a private home daycare that is really structured. She knows exactly what time they are going to do what. It is one of the guys at work wife. She has won things from who ever on her daycare. She has done daycare for years, but about 5 - 10 years ago they made the garage into just a day care room. Everything is there, refr, stove, bathroom etc. Than they build a new garage on the other side of the house. She is good but it is almost impossible to get your kids into her because no one every quits. They are out there but you just have to find them by word of mouth.
Posts: 1399 | From: Eau Claire, WI USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Faces

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To: