Toop.org Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Toop.org » What's Happening? » The Things They Do » Whistling A Tune

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Whistling A Tune
Sheleen
Grand Member
Member # 20

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheleen           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've notice lately that Victoria likes to whistle tunes. She is getting pretty good at it, also. She sounds good to and I asked her what she is whistling. She said "Well, just any tune that comes to my mind." I told her I like it so I often her a whistled tune off and on during the day and evening. What a joy! A whistle often means that person is happy. That's Great! It brings back memories of when we were little and always singing. Jeff didn't like it to well though especially in the car. Remember Mom when he asked if we would ever shout up? HA! HA! No way, Jeff.
Posts: 1020 | From: Spicer, MN 56288  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh Yah! I remember those days when we would whistle, hum or talk that he would say don't you girls ever be quiet or was it shut up? It never stopped us from doing it though and mom would usually just laugh about it.
Posts: 3134 | From: Ramsey, MN  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sharon Pederson
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remember those days too. I did enjoy them. I always enjoyed it because it told me you was happy and that always made me happy. I use to always whistle when I worked in the turkey barns. I started when I figured out that the turkeys would keep moving out of my way when I whistled so then I figured if I was going to whistle I might as well whistle some meaningful so I would whistle a tune of a song that would come to my mind. Mostly hymms until the girls would get me started on the tune to The old submarine. Remember that one girls. One day when I was at the Chetck farm I was whistling when I came out of the house and was going accross the road to the barn over there and the feed man was delivering feed and he heard me whistling and said that I was the only farm manager he ever heard whistle while I worked. I was most generally happy at that farm espically when George was our field man. He always saw to it I never had to work just to hard. He was the best field man I ever had. Good memories and fun to remember them.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They are all good memories. At times I wish that I could go back to that carefree life. If only we would have known back then how much responsiblities comes with growing up.... Can't complain life has been good to all of us.
Posts: 3134 | From: Ramsey, MN  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Faces

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To: