Toop.org Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Toop.org » What's Happening? » The Things They Do » The good and the bad....

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The good and the bad....
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 8 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Raising children has it's good days and it's bad ones. The good do out weigh the bad, but it just seems lately there has been more bad days with Maria than good.

I think she tries to test us and she does a good job of pushing my buttons. Lately it has been that she doesn't want to finish her supper, but long after eating she wants candy and of course we don't give it to her. The rule is you don't eat your supper no candy. So we have been trying to bargin with her to eat three more bites and you can have 1 piece of candy. Well she has other plans and she doesn't want to eat it so she fusses, wines, and pouts to wear us down. Thank goodness for Eric, because he helps me stick to my guns.

The little girl knows how to work the system. Lets hope that we continue to stick our ground.

Posts: 3134 | From: Ramsey, MN  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sharon Pederson
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My suggestion to Maria's problem would be to get rid of all the candy and let her see you do it and she will naturally have a fit at the time but after the fit is over maybe it won't be tempting her any more. As long as she knows there is some she will keep trying to break you down and its easy to do so. I don't think we ever had candy in the house but I do remember troubles with all of you at one time or another. But I see that in Brice once in awhile here too. But some times they just aren't hungry but then he doesn't get anything til next meal time and then he's hungry. This time will pass believe me but just don't give up. Advice given to me when I was raising you kids. Its hard not to espically when there is only one doing it. Your lucky to have Eric thats for sure. You kids use to think I was a meany but I had to in order to keep control.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheleen
Grand Member
Member # 20

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheleen           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know how you feel Sheryl it's hard at times but just keep to your guns and you'll find Maria will repect you for doing so. She'll know that you care about her because if you didn't care you'd just give her that candy.

Keep on working together she'll out grow that and go on to the next thing. HA! HA!

Our children sometime still like to test the waters with Mom & Dad but as soon as they see we aren't giving in they give up. It is easier when they get older, you're able to reason with them more.

You're doing great!

Posts: 1020 | From: Spicer, MN 56288  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Faces

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To: