Toop.org Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Toop.org » What's Happening? » The Things They Do » Oh, My!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Oh, My!
Sheleen
Grand Member
Member # 20

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheleen           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I took the kids to a high school hockey game this afternoon and everytime the players ran into each other I would so OH, MY! Jordan informed me that it's all part of the game. Oh, ya! I don't like it, looks to rough. "That's boy stuff, Mom?" I think I embrassed him when I did it. HA! HA!

They thought it was great Mom would take them to a hockey game.

Victoria would keep asking me why did they do that and why was that done, etc. I was answering tons of questions. I don't know half of what goes on either so she was asking the wrong person. Jordan helped out. How'd he know all that? I am sure it's the boy stuff again.

[This message has been edited by Sheleen (edited December 09, 2000).]

Posts: 1020 | From: Spicer, MN 56288  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shannon Papendorf
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is one sport,along with wrestling I do not like and no way is my boys going to even try it. So far flag football and basketball are what Ryan tried out this yr(last yr also)but that is all he'll get to do. When there is a game on Wednesday night he doesn't get to go. That's another reason for no sports in this house but that's us!! It is funny how some boys like a sport that the next one don't care about.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheleen
Grand Member
Member # 20

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheleen           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think sports help kids learn lifes lessons about sometimes you win and sometimes you lose and you need to learn how to handle both honorably.

Each sport is different in there own way. What appeals to one kid may not appeal to the next.

I don't feel telling my children what they can and can't go for is going to keep them from doing it. In fact, feel that the more you keep them from it the more they want to do it and may go against you.

We don't care which sport they go out for as long as they stick with the season and don't give up because it's hard or they lose. They only get to go out for one sport during school and one in the summer.

Posts: 1020 | From: Spicer, MN 56288  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know a little about Hockey. I could have helped them out with some of their questions. Being that I went to a hockey game every weekend for six years with Paul did help me with the knowledge of it. Even though it got kind of old after awhile it was a fun sport.

We all have our opinion of how we feel about sports and we should because we are different people, but one way or the other isn't wrong. The same goes with how one child might like one sport and another child doesn't like that same sport, it's because they are also different people and that is alright to. Just have fun at doing it is the important thing.

Posts: 3134 | From: Ramsey, MN  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Faces

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To: