Toop.org Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Toop.org » What's Happening? » The Things They Do » Down the stairs he came

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Down the stairs he came
Sheleen
Grand Member
Member # 20

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheleen           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jordan was walking down the stairs when his feet went out from under him. Now the poor kid has a sore hind end. I remember hurting my tail end and oh! how long it took to be able to walk normal again. May have to take him in to make sure nothing is broken. Don't know what they do for it but we'll see.

Posts: 1020 | From: Spicer, MN 56288  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow not a weekend for your kids. I hope everything is alright and that you have a better weekend to come.
Posts: 3134 | From: Ramsey, MN  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shannon Papendorf
unregistered

Icon 7 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Was there laughing or crying going on??ha Maybe laughing now but not at the time.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheleen
Grand Member
Member # 20

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Sheleen           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was upstairs when I heard this thump, thump , thump going down the stairs. Then I heard a moan and groan coming from Jordan. His foot came out from under him and went down a few steps.

Jordan didn't think it was funny but after I looked him over to make sure he was fine I had to laugh. He was mad at me for laughing but he had to laugh after a couple days went by.

He was quite sore for a few days but is fully recovered now. He uses more caution on the steps now when coming down them.

Hard way to learn to be careful but sometimes it sticks in their mind when they know what will happen and how it feels.

Posts: 1020 | From: Spicer, MN 56288  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Again, glad to hear that he has also bounced back and that they are both fine. It is sad that we have to learn things the hard way from time to time.
Sharon Pederson
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sheleen, did you have Jordan checked by the Chiro. He has naturally jammed all his vertabra to gether when he fell and could have alot of problems later when he gets older if not corrected now.
I've fallen down stairs and I know how that feels. And feel that is why I have had alot of lower back problems because my folks didn't know about chiros then.
take care and stop getting injurys. You've had enough all of you this year.
Another year now coming up. Try for a better year.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheleen
Grand Member
Member # 20

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheleen           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, Jordan did go to the Chiro and he badly bruised his tail bone. He just said it would take him a few days for the soreness to go away.

Vonnie
Grand Member
Member # 4

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vonnie           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Glad to hear Jordan came through this okay. Why does it seem like something always happens on the weekend.

You can tell your kids over and over about something like this happening but like you said until something happens to them do they realize what you have been saying.

This is where I tried to over protect my kids from things happening. They sometimes didn't learn from their own experience because I was always there saying don't do this or don't do that because you will get hurt. I was always looking at the bad things that could happen instead of letting my kids be kids. Oh well they grew up okay thank heavens.

Posts: 1399 | From: Eau Claire, WI USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maria fell down the stairs just the day before yesterday. So Monday night. Thank goodness I was right with her so she only fell 3 steps, but it was enough to scare her and to make her more cautious. Now she hangs on to the rail and takes her time.
Vonnie
Grand Member
Member # 4

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vonnie           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
With all your steps I have been waiting to hear that she took a tumble. The only problem is she will soon forget and get careless again. Just so she doesn't get hurt bad. And that goes for you and Eric also, be CAREFUL carrying things up and down the steps. I'm glad to hear you were there and she didn't get hurt.
Posts: 1399 | From: Eau Claire, WI USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Faces

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To: