Toop.org Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Toop.org » What's Happening? » The Things They Do » Birthday Ideas for Maria

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Birthday Ideas for Maria
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We got a lot of new toys for Christmas and now her play room is over flowing with toys. Infact, I had to go through it and put some old ones away to make room for the new ones.

So we are going to make some suggestions for her third birthday. She will need or we would like to see her get some outdoor toys like swing set, playhouse, etc. We don't expect any one person to buy this. If you would like to contribute whatever we would put it towards one. I've looked to see how much they are, but haven't found anything with a price. I will keep checking and let you know what I find out. Might be to early to find them and prices.

Posts: 3134 | From: Ramsey, MN  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vonnie
Grand Member
Member # 4

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Vonnie           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Your idea is a good one. But I still have her doll stroller to give her that I forgot at Christmas. Maybe a couple of the other things I have we can just keep here for her to play with. They can be toys at grandma's house.
Posts: 1399 | From: Eau Claire, WI USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That all sounds good. I do remember that you had the stroller, because Vince was going to buy her one for at home, but I told him that you already bought her one. Why don't you keep the other toys there for when we come see grandma. She has so much that we haven't even given her the legos we bought her.
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 13 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've checked out how much a playhouse from Toys R Us on the line of what I was thinking and it is for $199.99.

NOT!

We will not be spend that much on something she will be growing out of. That is what we could build from wood and make it according to what we would like to add our little touch to it for that or even less. So that idea is out of the question. Back to square one, but still on the line of outdoor toys if possible.

This is just ideas for those who want to buy her something, not a suggestion that you have to buy her anything. It might sound like I'm asking for things for her, but really for those who do buy just some ideas, because her playroom is over flowing.

[This message has been edited by Sheryl (edited January 16, 2001).]

Shannon
Member # 19

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shannon           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sheryl Look in the paper or wait for garage sales. That's the way to get it! That is,if you can find them! But you might be lucky or some of us could look around. Would you have something to take it back in. I'll let you know if I find something. Also I have found out that ToysRus is lots more expensive by for.
Posts: 533 | From: Wausau Wi USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you find something it would be hard to bring it back unless it would fit in a car. We don't have a truck. I will keep an eye out for a garage sale and see if they have one, but otherwise we will just do without until we can find one.

It isn't like she will be deprived from not having things to play with her playroom is way to full. Infact, I went through her room a couple of weeks ago and got rid of toys she hadn't been playing with for sometime and didn't fit her age group. She ask "what are you doing"? I told her that we were putting it away for the baby and she was fine with that.

We will look around more for a swing set and even then it isn't worth it because we have two parks just down the street. Maybe, a single swing. We will figure something out. Thanks though for the advise.

Tammy
Member # 14

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Tammy   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sheryl ~ "Putting it away for the BABY"???? Is there something we don't know yet?!
Posts: 108 | From: Blaine, MN, USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Oh No! We aren't expecting at all. Not for awhile. We've got a lot of work to do before we jump into that. I have this weird feeling that I will be the one ending up with twins and right now we can't afford that with daycare.....
Vonnie
Grand Member
Member # 4

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Vonnie           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Boy that "Putting it away for the baby" really stood out to me also. I thought you were trying to tell us something also. Oh well we will wait because I know you guys have other things that you want to do first.
Posts: 1399 | From: Eau Claire, WI USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Faces

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To: