Toop.org Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Toop.org » What's Happening? » The Things They Do » Sick Kids

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Sick Kids
Shannon
Member # 19

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shannon           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Leah is home today b/c she is sick of school!
It's b/c she isn't much for mornings and last night she didn't go to bed like she should(9:35)along with coughing at night-she has a cold with just the coughing. She did do alot of sleeping today-4hrs straight!

Jason has the flu! First time for him! This morning I could smell an awful BM that made me think of the flu but he said he was fine. So we went to the school for morning recess patrolling and half way home which we're only 4 blocks,he threw up! He has been sleeping too. A Nice quit and relaxing day to get some cleaning done.

Posts: 533 | From: Wausau Wi USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheleen
Grand Member
Member # 20

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheleen           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry to hear you had the flu. That is never fun to go through and dread getting. We have been very luck so "far" not to get anything. Victoria had a mild cold that lasted two days and I was surprise usually she gets a bad cough with it and last forever it seems.
Posts: 1020 | From: Spicer, MN 56288  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shannon
Member # 19

Icon 8 posted      Profile for Shannon           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We all got the flu over the wkend! More of the stomach flu. Wasn't fun that is for sure, just glad it happened on the wkend with Jeff to help with the kids.

We're pretty much over it but still the tommy just doesn't feel the greatest! This is really the first for our family to even get the flu of any kind and to get all together at the same time.

Posts: 533 | From: Wausau Wi USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vonnie
Grand Member
Member # 4

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vonnie           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lynn (Eric's sister) had the flu last week. She started out with a terrible headache for a couple of days and than starting throwing up. This week the 2 grandkids have it. They both started also with the headache and than sore throats etc. Dana was running a temp of 103 and Dustin 104. I sure hope I don't get it because my surgery isn't healed up good enough to throw up. "Ouch"

I am having trouble coming down off my pain killers. I have been having trouble sleeping etc and finally called the clinic today. She said it sounded like I was having a withdrawal from the medication. Boy it isn't any fun. I have only had 4 hours of sleep the last 2 nights and still working 8 hours a day. I see the doctor tomorrow so I will find out how long this is going to last. It comes and goes during the day and night.

Posts: 1399 | From: Eau Claire, WI USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well Maria didn't escape the flu this time. She has been doing so well by not getting it and this is the only second time that she has been sick like this in her 3 yrs.

Yesterday, when I picked Maria up from daycare her cheeks looked very rosie, but just thought maybe it was that she just got up from a nap. On the way home she kept shutting her eyes and looked very tired. When we got home I checked her temp and it was already at 100. As I was getting supper ready she threw up and has had a fever all night long.

We are hoping that hers doesn't last as long as Eric's, but we will see what the day brings.

It is hard to see young ones sick and helpless, but I have to say that we have been very lucky with Maria, because she rarely gets this sick where she wants to lay and rest rather than play. That is when you know that they are not feeling very well.

--------------------
Sheryl

Posts: 3134 | From: Ramsey, MN  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheleen
Grand Member
Member # 20

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheleen           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So sorry to hear Maria is sick Are you home with her today? Our children have a cough along with runny noses. Lots of sleep and good chicken noodle soup will take care of that. Give Maria a air kiss for us and let her know we wish her well.
Posts: 1020 | From: Spicer, MN 56288  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stacy
Forum Regular
Member # 27

Icon 13 posted      Profile for Stacy   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Colette's been calling me all morning 'cause she has a headache. First time she called I told her to take Tylenol, the second time she called she said the "Tylenol is not working" and she doesn't want to take a nap to feel better!! Kids.

Sorry to hear Maria is sick. Hope she feels better soon. The flu is so hard to explain to them why they do what they end up doing. And then to clean it up is no fun!

Posts: 417 | From: Mpls  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Faces

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To: