Toop.org Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Toop.org » What's Happening? » The Things They Do » Broken Arm

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Broken Arm
Vonnie
Grand Member
Member # 4

Icon 8 posted      Profile for Vonnie           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dustin, my 7 year old grandson broke his left arm.

For you that don't know him, Dustin isn't afraid to do or try anything. I am always saying "Don't do that, your going to break your arm or leg".

Well he did! But would you believe, he was playing with his basket ball in the driveway and tripped and landed on his arm. He was all by himself. Probably one of calmest things he has done in ages. And he ends up getting hurt.

We didn't realize it was broken because he did this Thursday night about 6:30 p.m. and we didn't take him to the doctor until 11:00 a.m. Friday morning. He even went to school until 10:30. His class was going to watch a Alice in wonderland play at the High School this morning and he has been talking about it for weeks. So when he still wanted to go to school we let him go. Of course we didn't realize his arm was broken. We had put ice on it right away and later I wrapped it with an ACE bandage. That is the way he went to school.

He broke a bone around the growth plate. Because it is an important place, he has to go back next week (which is common) to see if it is healing okay. They weren't real satisfied on how it looked after they set it. He may still end up going into surgery to break it and set it again.

Lynn and I felt so bad that we didn't get him in to the hospital last night, but he was being so good about it. It's like when do you take them in and when don't you. We sure goofed on this decision. At least we took him today though. The doctor said we didn't do any damage by waiting until today.

He is having more pain tonight now that they set it than he did last night. He has medicine for the pain tonight.

He picked out a GREEN cast and next week he is picking a BLUE cast. He was talking about red but I said that would really be gross.

--------------------
Vonnie S. Toop

Posts: 1399 | From: Eau Claire, WI USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry to hear that Dustin. We hope that you aren't in too much pain and that it heals really fast with no complications so you don't have to have surgery.

--------------------
Sheryl

Posts: 3134 | From: Ramsey, MN  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Faces

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To: