Toop.org Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Toop.org » What's Happening? » The Things They Do » Dandelions

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Dandelions
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We have a lot of them next door and Maria has to daily pick them. If I didn't stop her she would still be out there picking them. Tuesday when we came home it was down pouring, but it didn't phase her, because she walked over pick a few then came back with a hand full. Dandeloin Girl!

--------------------
Sheryl

Posts: 3134 | From: Ramsey, MN  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stacy
Forum Regular
Member # 27

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Stacy   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I heard that Dandilions are good for you!! They make Dandilion wine They say that its good for the liver if you eat them!! Doesn't sound appealing to me!! Let her pick them so you get rid of them. They make wonderful bouquets of flowers. (Mom's day! hint, hint)
Posts: 417 | From: Mpls  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sharon
Forum Regular
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sharon   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Danielion roots are good for you. You did them up root and all, cut the root off and wash it and make a tea out of it.
I take danielion root tablets in my herb tea first thing in the AM. Cleanses and detoxifies the liver. And then you have more energy for the day. If you want some let me know I can get them for you.

--------------------
Sharon Kay

Posts: 211 | From: Rochester, MN 55902  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eric
Webmaster
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eric   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Only in Wisconsin is that legal

--------------------
~ Eric

Posts: 1139 | From: Ramsey, Minnesota  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sharon
Forum Regular
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sharon   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Eric I live in Minn. heheh

--------------------
Sharon Kay

Posts: 211 | From: Rochester, MN 55902  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy
Member # 14

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Tammy   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Has Maria learned if she rubs the dandelion flower on her face or Mommy's or Daddy's that it will turn your cheek yellow? We used to do that all the time as youngsters.

Of course when we were a bit older than Maria, we loved to pick them & flick the top of the dandelion off the stem while saying, "Momma had a baby & her head popped off!" (What is with that saying???!) We would have a contest to see who could flick the top of the flower off the farthest! Did any of you do goofy things like that too?

Of course now that we have our own yards, we've learned if you pick a dandelion without pulling out the entire root, it will grow back.

Posts: 108 | From: Blaine, MN, USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, I did that to her. She thought it was funny, but never said anything later. She just likes to make a bouquet of them....she thinks they are beautiful.

I know what is up with that saying,"Mama had a baby and her head fell off." We use to say that I don't want to start that with Maria and I really don't know why.

--------------------
Sheryl

Posts: 3134 | From: Ramsey, MN  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Faces

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To: