Toop.org Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Toop.org » What's Happening? » The Things They Do » Granddog

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Granddog
Vonnie
Grand Member
Member # 4

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Vonnie           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As some of you know I am babysitting my granddog. Colby, Sheryl, Eric and Maria's puppy. (Thats what the people at work call their kids dogs that don't have grandchildren) (Yes I have grandchildren, but I can still call Colby my granddog)

We are having a ball. Last night when we went outside, there were some kids a little ways up the road. He just sat and watched them. I am sure he was looking for Maria.

Grandma is going to have to go buy some toys though because he keeps getting my nylons and socks out of my clothes basket to play with.

Boy was I surprised the first time I threw his tennis ball and he brought it back to me to throw again. I had no idea he know this. But of course we have lost the tennis ball in the house already.

He loves to run from one end of my mobile home to the other. It is funny just to watch him. He really goes fast. I have a throw rug between the kitchen and living room and I have had to straighten a number of times.

I tried to play with him and his ball today at the kitchen table in my favorite chair (I watch my bird feeders from that chair) and he kept running into the living room by my computer chair. I soon figured out that he thought that was where we were suppose to play.

Last night when I was on the computer he wanted up, so I picked him up and he feel alseep. So I had to type with one hand. LOL

Eric & Sheryl, we are getting along just fine. I keep worrying though that something is going to happen to him. I don't even let him run loose outside because last night he found out there was another dog next door in a cage. He ran right over there and didn't listen to me to come back. But as soon as I get his walking thing to put on his collar, he knows exactly where we are going. He runs ahead of me to the door. He isn't dumb. So because I don't want anything to happen to him this is how we go outside and he knows it.

--------------------
Vonnie S. Toop

Posts: 1399 | From: Eau Claire, WI USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheleen
Grand Member
Member # 20

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheleen           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds like you're having fun with Colby. Wondering when you got him? Did Sheryl and Eric go to Shannon and Jeff's this week?
Posts: 1020 | From: Spicer, MN 56288  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vonnie
Grand Member
Member # 4

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vonnie           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sheleen, I don't even know where they went for sure except they went to Wis. Today (Sat) they are at my sisters in Green Bay.

I just talked to Eric and I told him I was sitting in my recliner reading the paper and Colby was sleeping on my lap. Eric told me to stop spoiling him. Isn't that what Grandmas are suppose to do.

We had a bad lightening strike less than a block away from my house about 11:00 a.m. today. It was so loud that I am afraid Colby is going to be afraid of storms. I hope not! I held him for awhile after it hit. The lightening strick hit 2 houses that started on fire. It caused a gas leak also. I am not sure what it was but it blow something right out of the ground. I thought they said a utility pole, but I am not sure what it was. I have a scanner so that is why I knew what was happening. I just hope Colby doesn't have trouble with storms after this.

My TV stand has a glass front on it. You should have seen him when he found that today. He barked and barked at that dog! I got him away from it because I didn't want him to be afraid but he was so cute about it. He would sneak up from the side to peak at the dog and than bark. If he wasn't getting scared, I would have just left him because he was so funny.

I will only have him for 2 more days. I will sure miss him because he has been a nice companion for me. He really likes and trust me. When he would get something in his mouth that he shouldn't have had, he would even let me put my fingers in his mouth to get it out.

[ July 21, 2001: Message fixed by: Vonnie ]

--------------------
Vonnie S. Toop

Posts: 1399 | From: Eau Claire, WI USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheleen
Grand Member
Member # 20

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheleen           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL That is cute ! We had a cat that would sit in front of the mirror and look at the other cat. We have a picture of her doing it, it is so funny to watch. We were at some friends yesterday and today back in Luverne and they have kittens. One of the little ones went by our van and saw her reflection. It kept going back and forth looking sideways. Then it would go straight at the van and try to attack the other cat!!! LOL

Sounds like you're enjoying herself with her. Pets are great! They take you as you are!

[ July 21, 2001: Message fixed by: Sheleen ]

Posts: 1020 | From: Spicer, MN 56288  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eric
Webmaster
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eric   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

I Want MY DOG BACK!!!

--------------------
~ Eric

Posts: 1139 | From: Ramsey, Minnesota  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You could have had him back last night, but you weren't willing to drive another 2 hours after the 5 hours that we got done doing....so you just have patients until you can go tonight.... LOL!

Thanks, mom for taking care of him and I'm sure he had as good of a time with you as you did with him. We do miss him though. Weird how they become so much a part of your life. Guess we know what to get you for Christmas & your birthday....

--------------------
Sheryl

Posts: 3134 | From: Ramsey, MN  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheleen
Grand Member
Member # 20

Eric, I thought that you didn't want a dog? Funny how they become your family after awhile.
Eric
Webmaster
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eric   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I NEVER said I didn't want a dog.... just didn't think the timing was right.

--------------------
~ Eric

Posts: 1139 | From: Ramsey, Minnesota  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eric
Webmaster
Member # 2

My puppy is back!!

I let him in the house and he ran down the stairs as fast as he could. Maria and Sheryl were very excited to see him.

Good to have our little pal back.

--------------------
~ Eric

Vonnie
Grand Member
Member # 4

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Vonnie           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I gave Colby back tonight.

The house seemed so empty when I came home from meeting Eric.

No one was here that was glad I was home with big kisses!

No one jumping up and down for me to pick him up and give him a hug.

No one to sit in my lap while I sat at the computer, and sleeped. (This was our bedtime story time)

I guess most fun things have to come to an end. Eric and Sheryl you can leave him here any time you want to go some place again. I would really enjoy having him again. Thank for the happy days he gave me.

--------------------
Vonnie S. Toop

Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm glad to hear that you had such a good time with Colby and we will be sure to let you watch him again when we need someone.

Maria truely missed him the two have been having so much fun playing with each other. She just said "Colby you are my favorite!"

I think we have found something to think about buying you for Christmas and Birthday. I'll see what I can do to come up with one.

We are all glad to have him back.

--------------------
Sheryl

Posts: 3134 | From: Ramsey, MN  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vonnie
Grand Member
Member # 4

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Vonnie           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I truly enjoyed Colby and miss him a lot but right now I run to much to have a dog. Everyone keeps telling me they are expensive with shots and health problems. So don't look to hard yet. I will just enjoy Colby when I can.

--------------------
Vonnie S. Toop

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Faces

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To: