Toop.org Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Toop.org » What's Happening? » The Things They Do » Aware of her surrondings.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Aware of her surrondings.
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The other day while Eric was taking Maria to daycare....the same way the go all the time...she says that is where I get my hair cut. I think we took her there once, but she remembered.

Then Thursday while I was bringing her home from daycare she points to the Hwy and she says "that is where my other dad goes to go home." That is exactly the direction he takes. She must remember that when he picks her up from daycare.

Days that she gets the mail I will take the back way to our house so that she can reach it from the other side of the car. She'll say, "You are going backwards mom."

LOL...children amaze me.

--------------------
Sheryl

Posts: 3134 | From: Ramsey, MN  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vonnie
Grand Member
Member # 4

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Vonnie           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maria is a child who really knows how to express herself and say what she thinks and sees. I think that is just wonderful.

I also give you a compliment, Eric & Sheryl, for picking up on all these things she says and sees. Parents can so often shut out what kids say and not listen to them. I hope you keep this communication for ever in your life time with her. It is a wonderful gift that you guys have!

I just heard this on the radio about communications between adults!

When some one says something, don't immediatly get mad before you are sure how the person meant what they said. It is hard to stop and think to do this but I just heard this on the radio to say to the person "This is what I heard you say is that what you meant." Many times in our life time we misunderstand what a person meant by somthing they said.

I sorta did something like this last night with Dana. Today is her 14th Birthday. She was born at 12:32 a.m. Last night about 11:00 she asked if I would stay up with her until the official time of her birth. I told her I was tired and I didn't know for sure. I told her I would probably make it until midnight but I wasn't sure about 12:32. Well midnight came and I said Happy Birthday. I asked if she wanted me to still stay up until 12:32 and she said no you can go to bed. At this point I didn't know if she was serious or if she really wanted me to stay up, so I asked her. She really did want me to stay up, so I did. Now if I wouldn't have communicated with her I would have gone to bed and she would have been sitting here thinking no one cared. (Her mom was at work)

Some times we say something hoping the person will figure out what we really meant and when they don't we feel bad but we have no one to blame but ourselves.

So Eric and Sheryl keep up the communication between yourselves as you have been doing and with that little pumkin. Life is too short to not communicate which can make life a happy one and easier.

--------------------
Vonnie S. Toop

Posts: 1399 | From: Eau Claire, WI USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the encouraging words. Didn't think of it that way, but now I do. It is so hard not noticing those little things that she does. Eric helps me a lot stop to smell the roses with her, because sometimes I do get too wrapped up in what I'm doing from time to time.

Thanks Honey!

--------------------
Sheryl

Posts: 3134 | From: Ramsey, MN  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Faces

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To: