Toop.org Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Toop.org » What's Happening? » The Things They Do » Ouch!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Ouch!
Sheleen
Grand Member
Member # 20

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Sheleen           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tuesday we went to the park and while we were there Jordan got hurt pretty bad. He was swinging on the monkey bars like a monkey but his hand slipped, he fell down and went forward really fast falling into the end post on his mouth. His front teeth went right through his bottom lip to the other side. There was BLOOD everywhere and, of course, we had nothing to stop it with so he had to take off his shirt so we could surpress it some how.

I took him right away to the medical center to have it checked out. The doc decided to let it heal on its own even though it was gapping. She said that the mouth heals much nicer if it does it on it own. Well, with his eating, etc. it became infected so yesterday we had to get him antibiotics to clear it up. I had to squeeze the puss out and clean it up with onitment. It wasn't a fun job for one it hurt and another it was gross but it had to be done or it would get worse. He has had 3 doses of antibiotics and it looks really good.

After everything happened and we knew that he was ok. Jordan asked me, "Mom, weren't you scared?" YES! I WAS but on the outside I was calm. It was funny when it happened and I was trying to clear it up at the park so that I could see the damage Jordan became wezzy. I started to chuckle because he is so like his grandpa Pfingsten when he see a lot of blood he gets light headed.

Anyways, Jordan is doing good but it really gave us all a scare. I was mainly worried about his teeth but those are very strong nothing happened to them at all.

His didn't even cry!!! The doc said he was a big brave guy.

He was able to only eat popsicles for the most part but he bacame really hungry and couldn't take it any longer so for supper he had to have something. He ate everything!!!

[ August 30, 2001: Message fixed by: Sheleen ]

Posts: 1020 | From: Spicer, MN 56288  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vonnie
Grand Member
Member # 4

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vonnie           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am so glad he is better. It is always so scary when something happens to the kids. When it bleeds so fast in the mouth area it is hard to see how bad it is also.

A parents never knows how they are going to react to something like that until it happens.

I have to tell you about Eric when he was about 2 or 3. He got into my avon product. Make a long story short, the poison center told me to take him into the hospital. We lived in Hancock at the time and so I had to drive him to Morris. We got there just fine. I went into the emergency room with him when they were going to pump his stomach. I was doing just fine through the whole thing. As they started doing the procedure, the nurse told me to go out to the desk and register him. When the lady at the desk ask me what his name was I couldn't even talk to her. I was doing just fine when I had to. But I sure feel apart when I knew he was in good hands. So as parents you never know how you are going to react until something does happen. You did a good job Sheleen also.

[ September 02, 2001: Message fixed by: Vonnie ]

--------------------
Vonnie S. Toop

Posts: 1399 | From: Eau Claire, WI USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Faces

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To: