Toop.org Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Toop.org » What's Happening? » The Things They Do » Wolf Ridge

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Wolf Ridge
Sheleen
Grand Member
Member # 20

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Sheleen           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jordan gets to go to Wolf Ridge Environmental Learning Center near Duluth, MN.

He'll be gone from Oct. 1 -Oct. 5. There are bunk houses for them to stay in. And supervison.

He is looking forward to it and Mom is already worried about him. I am hoping he'll be safe.

It'll be a growing experience for him. He'll have to keep track of his own things, get up when awoken without being reminded 3-4 times before rolling out of bed, taking showers without being helped with the water on. We have be preparing him a little with having him do some of those things here before he leaves.

Each one of our children are going to get this experience. Each 5th Grade class goes.

Some of the things they'll be doing are: hiking, rock climbing, water testing, etc.

Posts: 1020 | From: Spicer, MN 56288  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vonnie
Grand Member
Member # 4

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vonnie           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now that sounds like fun. I am sure he will be just fine. It is surprisingly how much they can rely on mom and dad but when they aren't around, they find they can do things for themselves. It is just some times more fun to have mom and dad help.

Do they help cook the meals and clean up afterwards?

It is always so much fun to do things like this. You can point out to him that because you guys go camping etc, he will know things that other kids wouldn't even know.

I hope the weather is nice for you. If it is cold you can always put more clothes on, but if it rains, that can be issy

HAVE FUN!!!!!!!!!

--------------------
Vonnie S. Toop

Posts: 1399 | From: Eau Claire, WI USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheleen
Grand Member
Member # 20

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheleen           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They will be sleeping in bunk houses so they'll be fine for sleeping if it rains. They have rain jackets that they have to bring along to keep dry.
Posts: 1020 | From: Spicer, MN 56288  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow! That is a long time away from family... It'll be a good experience for him and makes your heart grow fonder for your children.

Hope that he has fun and doesn't miss home too much.

--------------------
Sheryl

Posts: 3134 | From: Ramsey, MN  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheleen
Grand Member
Member # 20

Icon 12 posted      Profile for Sheleen           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jordan is back!!!! We are all glad to see him. Mom now can breath easy knowing that he is fine. He had lots of fun this past week. He said that he wished every week was like this one.

Jordan's bunk mates him up one morning telling him that he was snoring loud!

He came home with two rabbit hides that he bought with his spending money.

One night they went night hiking. Canoed on Raven Lake one day. Rock climbed another. Jordan said that they had them so busy during the day that he felt like he could go take a nap.

He has been giving Mom and Grandma hugs since he got home. I think that once he got home that he realized how much he missed us. It is a great feeling to have your oldest son come hug you.

dana rae
Member # 12

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dana rae           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my boyfriends brother wnet there too..he had a blast!

--------------------
~!*Dana Rae*!~

Posts: 91 | From: willmar  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Faces

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To: