Toop.org Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Toop.org » What's Happening? » The Things They Do » Hampster coming home

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Hampster coming home
Sheleen
Grand Member
Member # 20

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheleen           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Victoria's class has a hampster and each weekend someone gets to take the hampster home. Victoria's turn has finally come and she gets to take the hampster home today. I will go pick it up and Victoria & Bryant at 2:30 I'll leave work to get there in time.
We'll let you know how it goes. They'll now probably ask to have one as a pet.

Remember Sheryl the gerbels that we had and we held them so tight that they finally died on us?

Posts: 1020 | From: Spicer, MN 56288  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 12 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't remember doing it, but I do remember mom telling us we did.... Crazy kids we were!

I think we were probably a little younger than Maria is now when we did that so we didn't know any better. Your kids would be great with them!

An easy pet to have no hair in the house and no potty training. Just don't let them loose...LOL!

--------------------
Sheryl

Posts: 3134 | From: Ramsey, MN  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vonnie
Grand Member
Member # 4

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Vonnie           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm sure glad it is you and not me. Hampsters are to much like mice so I wouldn't have one in the house.

Kids sure seem to enjoy them and I probably would like to watch them. They are so active in their cage. But I still wouldn't want one in the house.

--------------------
Vonnie S. Toop

Posts: 1399 | From: Eau Claire, WI USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheleen
Grand Member
Member # 20

Icon 12 posted      Profile for Sheleen           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can see why kids like these little things that look like mice. They are so cute and not too much work. The fun would wear off though. There is this clear ball that Victoria brought home from school for the hampster, which whose name is Pumpkin. The kids put Pumpkin in the ball and it takes off, it is really cute to watch and a little funny. It goes back on Monday.
Posts: 1020 | From: Spicer, MN 56288  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheleen
Grand Member
Member # 20

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Sheleen           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pumpkin is back to school safe and sound but not without a little scare.

Last night some how and some way the hampster cage was left open for around 1/2 hour time spand no one knows how it got open.

Jordan went to go play with it and it wasn't anywhere to be found. We all were looking everywhere and Victoria went first to the utility room because she heard noise in there. We found it in the sump pump! EEK!

There was a huge commotion because we were all franticly trying to get it out. Bill finally got it out and the poor thing looked so sick. I ran and got a warm towel out of the dryer. Toweled it off dry, turned the heat up and held it on a heat register.

It couldn't have been in there too long but we think it was a very frightening experience for the hampster and for us. Victoria was crying so hard we had our hands full to calm her down.

It took about an hour to get it to feeling safe again. I held it for about 1/2 hour in the towel against my chest. We were really worried it wouldn't make it but by the time we went to bed it was all better. Victoria though had to sleep next to it on the living room floor to make sure it made it through the night. We keep it by the heat register so that it would keep warm and not get a chill. I even got up during the night a couple times to hold it and make sure it was alright. It seem to like to be held against my chest and pet it's little nose.

Needless to say we felt very bad and now are a little more attached to it then before.

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Faces

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To: