Toop.org Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Toop.org » What's Happening? » The Things They Do » Maria's Christmas party

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Maria's Christmas party
Vonnie
Grand Member
Member # 4

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vonnie           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am waiting to hear about Maria's Christmas party at the sitters.

--------------------
Vonnie S. Toop

Posts: 1399 | From: Eau Claire, WI USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It was pretty good time. When we first got there we were a little late...even though we were the closest ones to the place....LOL!

So I took her to the back room where they were getting ready, sat down to visit with Vince & Faith and the next thing I know she comes running out crying very hard...she said she got scared. Not sure what it was all about, but we did get her settled down and Linda was able to take her and get her ready.

She was a cute little shepherd, looked cute in the reindeer cap and red nose, did a good job on the 12 days of Christmas...she had the " 4 calling birds",we all sang "Jingle Bells" and " We Wish You a Merry Christmas"
and they added a little jig to that last song.

They had a Pinata.....not like the one we grew up with where you hit it with a bat and Sheleen got a good hit on the head from that. It was where they pulled the string. So they all got some candy, stickers, and Miss Joanie came to do some fun entertainment for them....face painting, balloon shaping, some tricks, puppet shows and then we mingled with other parents getting to know them better.

It sounds like a lot, but we were only there from 2:30 until 4:30 and we helped clean up so that Linda, Harold & Shawna didn't have to get stuck with it all by themselves.

Now we need to post the pictures so that everyone can see them.

--------------------
Sheryl

Posts: 3134 | From: Ramsey, MN  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vonnie
Grand Member
Member # 4

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Vonnie           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds like you had a nice time. It sure sounds like you did find a good sitter.

Eric told us that one of the other kids thought Maria was lucky because she had 2 dads and 2 moms. Like Eric said, Boy do we live in a different world than our grandparents. 2 dads and 2 moms is nothing for kids now days. Any way I thought that was cute!

--------------------
Vonnie S. Toop

Posts: 1399 | From: Eau Claire, WI USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, Eric said that it was Lexi, one of Maria's little friends, that had said it. She went home and told her mom that it wasn't fair that Maria gets two mom's and two dad's. And I only get one of each! Times have changed that is for sure.

Maria is proud of that fact to. I think it helps when everyone tells her how special she is to have two of each. I believe when she first started at Linda's that she told everyone..."I have two dads!" One of the children no you don't and Linda had to explain that "yes she does."

I hope that she can appreciate that even as she gets older and that no one makes her feel that it isn't special, because it is rare when you have two of each that want to be apart of your life.

--------------------
Sheryl

Posts: 3134 | From: Ramsey, MN  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Faces

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To: