Toop.org Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Toop.org » What's Happening? » The Things They Do » D.A.R.E. Graduation

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: D.A.R.E. Graduation
Sheleen
Grand Member
Member # 20

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheleen           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jordan graduated from the DARE program today along with 145 other students. Wondering if your school has the DARE program? I would be surprise if it didn't. As the children were going through the line to get their certifcate I wondered how many will keep from trying drugs. I don't remember anything about drugs when I was young or the press to do drugs.
Posts: 1020 | From: Spicer, MN 56288  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shannon
Member # 19

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shannon           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ryan had the same thing last yr in 5th grade. All the kids recieved a shirt with the letters D.A.R.E. to wear and some gave speaches and recieved their certifcates. Afterwards there was a big decorated cake with the letters D.A.R.E. for the kids and parents.

145 kids?? "Wow" Ryan's 5th graders was about 40 of them. Is that a big school? or was that with other grades too?

--------------------
Shannon

Posts: 533 | From: Wausau Wi USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheleen
Grand Member
Member # 20

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheleen           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, that is only 5th grade alone. No, it isn't as big as Willmar which is 300-400 in a grade. The ceremony you had sounds just like we had. There were about 12 students that gave a speech and each had a DARE shirt on and cake afterwards. There, also, was DARE role models who were a few of the high schoolers. There was a Sondra Ninneman that was on the program. I am wondering if they are some how related to Mom's family? I may have to look the name up and find out.

Stacy, am wondering if your kids school does the DARE program?

Posts: 1020 | From: Spicer, MN 56288  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Faces

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To: