Toop.org Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Toop.org » What's Happening? » The Things They Do » kids are sick!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: kids are sick!
Shannon
Member # 19

Icon 11 posted      Profile for Shannon           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Leah was sick for New Years for 3 days and now Ryan is sick from Tues-Thurs. Friday he still won't be back to school. And I think Jason is next. He was warm and red in the face. It starts out with a fever-no coughing,no runny nose,no throwing up,just a fever and achy all over. They been to the Chiro and drinking lots of fluids and chiken soup.

So far Jeff or I haven't had it,YET!!! For being right in it all,taking care of the kids and up with them in the middle of the night. I'm surprised that I'm not sick but give it a wk and who knows what will happened!

--------------------
Shannon

Posts: 533 | From: Wausau Wi USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sharon
Forum Regular
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sharon   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had the that flu last Thurs. night and Friday. And I had a big house I HAD to clean on Friday. I didn't have another day to do her so I did it. Worked 5hrs. and went to the gas station and picked up some aleva and pepto Bismo, went to the Drs. home and took some and laid down on Brices bed for an hour. And actually slept and woke in time to go get Brice and Emlie. Got up and went to get them and brought them home and Brices dad was waiting for him to go to the cities to a hockey game, so I was free to leave.

I came home at 4:15pm crawled into bed at 4:30pm and slept till 8:30pm. Got up and drank some Sprite and went back to bed and slept till 6am. I felt okay then but weak and quezy like. But I put in a full day and was in bed by 9pm and went to meeting Sunday and took dinner over to Medas and played a couple of games of Scrabble, then came home. Should have gone to gospil meeting but it was at 7pm and 20 miles away and I knew that it would be after 9 before we would get home and later before I got to bed and I knew that I have a big week ahead (and it turned out to be even bigger than I had planned) so I stayed home and went to bed at 9pm.

Felt still a little sick to my stomach. Didn't have any appetite which suit me fine. I still don't really have my old appetite back. But since I joined WW Watchers like Sheryl I hope I don't get my appetite back. I have my energy back and thats all that counts.

Hope the rest of you get better soon. Its no fun being sick. I hate to be sick.

--------------------
Sharon Kay

Posts: 211 | From: Rochester, MN 55902  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shannon
Member # 19

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shannon           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well,Ryan is just getting over it,been off from school since Tuesday but should be going back to school Monday. I had to cancelled my stamping get together for Friday-b/c JASON now is sick!! Thursday night sitting at the computer I noticed his face was red and he was warm! GREAT! Will be nice when it's all over with!

It's harder as adult b/c of all the appts one has to do. Hope your better soon too.

--------------------
Shannon

Posts: 533 | From: Wausau Wi USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well...I'm knocking on wood right now, because the only sickness we have had for a long time is a cold. I started out on Monday as very stuffy, but by Wednesday it was pretty much cleared up. Maria woke a couple of mornings with a sore throat and a little horsed. Eric hasn't gotten it yet, but he'll probably next.

Sorry to hear that everyone is feeling sick and hoping that you all feeling better soon. It isn't any fun being that sick....does help if you are trying to lose weight.

--------------------
Sheryl

Posts: 3134 | From: Ramsey, MN  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheleen
Grand Member
Member # 20

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheleen           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thursday, the school called Bill and I at work to let us know that Bryant was running a low grade temp. He has had a cough for 2-3 days but didn't think too much of it until the school called. Bill took him in Thursday night, the clinic is open on Thursday until 8 p.m., they were there for 2 hours. The doc said he had broncitis so now he is on meds to get rid of it. It is a mild case but it isn't something that goes away on its own and can lead to worse things. Friday the kids had off so we slept in and they laid around all day so Bryant is much better. I cleaned the house in a feverish way and felt good to have all the nock and cranies cleaned.
Posts: 1020 | From: Spicer, MN 56288  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Faces

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To: