Toop.org Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Toop.org » What's Happening? » The Things They Do » New Additions to the family

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: New Additions to the family
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We had added two fishy's to our family on Saturday and Maria named them Kaly a girl(the silver gold fish) and Chasa a boy (a gold fish)...I'm not sure if they truly were a boy & girl. This was what Maria wanted to spend her birthday money on.

Well we were doing really good until this a.m. When I woke up and off to work around 4:45 a.m. the gold one...Kaly was still alive. Well in the time that I left & Eric woke up she had died. Instead of showing Maria the fish and telling her that she was going to fishy heaven he just flushed it down the toilet....

So when we got home today and she realized that the gold one wasn't there I had to explain to her that Daddy flushed him to "Fishy heaven." At first she had a long face and then she brightened up then said he is up in heaven with "Jesus! Now there is two boys in heaven!" Whew....I thought it was going to be harder then that, but she took it very good and made it in to a positive thing....

So now Eric is stopping to buy another one to keep Kaly company....

--------------------
Sheryl

Posts: 3134 | From: Ramsey, MN  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheleen
Grand Member
Member # 20

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheleen           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maria we are so sorry to hear that your fishy didn't make it. Hopefully, the others will! What are you going to name the new one?

We had that same problem when we had goldfish. They were alway dieing on us and I can't remember what it was but I think it had to do with no movement of the water and so they weren't able to breath. I kept thinking it was one of the boys doing something to them.

Posts: 1020 | From: Spicer, MN 56288  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shannon
Member # 19

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shannon           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"OH,Maira" I feel for her but it sounds like she did ok excepting it. Actually fish are hard to keep from dieing. Especially when it goes from one tank to antoher. Sometimes it's the water condition that will do it or just the change.

Bettas are pretty good about lasting without having to get a filter or a big enough tank. And they're really pretty too. Just keep tring one of these times you'll get one that's tough.

--------------------
Shannon

Posts: 533 | From: Wausau Wi USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maria
Member # 16

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Maria           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well we got another fishy. Dad came home with a smaller one which at first I wasn't too sure about until my convinced me that then we watch it grow to be bigger.

I haven't decide yet on another name I keep tossing up the idea of name it Karly, but Kaly & Karly is too close in names and it might be a tongue twister. I'll let you know when I figure it out.

Mom was thinking that if these goldfish were going to continue dieing that we might try the bettas next.

Thank you everyone for your concern for me.

Posts: 33 | From: Ramsey,MN  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh man! The other night the day after the first fishy died the second one died...Kaly. When we came home she was swimming around along with the other one. We went about our evening activities then when I went to make supper she was floating at the top of the bowl. I told Maria and she checked it out then decided to flush him to fishy heaven.

So now we have the third gold fish that Eric had bought after the first one went to fishy heaven. Maria has decided this morning that she wants to call it "Fisha" that is a girl also. So we will see how long "Fisha" lives and if she doesn't then we will have to try the "Bettas."

I didn't think these gold fish were going to be that hard to keep alive. Now I've learn my lesson.

--------------------
Sheryl

Shannon
Member # 19

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shannon           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did you get them at Petco where you can take them back to replace. You'll have to take the water for them to test-if it's the water that's the problem then they don't replace. Betta's are cheaper at Petco.Check it out.
Good luck!

--------------------
Shannon

Posts: 533 | From: Wausau Wi USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

No we didn't buy them from Petco, but the place we did has the same policy. We feel for .29 cents it really wasn't worth going and getting more. Thanks,though, for the tip.

Fisha has survived the lasted 5 days. It might be that two was too many in that bowl. It did say you could have 1 big and 2 small fish. We had two big ones and it might have been the reason. Maria has been happy with just the one so we will stick with that for now.

--------------------
Sheryl

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Faces

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To: