Toop.org Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Toop.org » What's Happening? » The Things They Do » Slumber Party

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Slumber Party
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maria had her first sleep over. I started with just one and then we will increase the # of kids later.

It went well and her friend Paige & Maria played a lot of Barbies, dolls, coloring and outdoors. Eric made a pile of leaves and they had fun jumping in them then throwing them into the air. [Cool] [Big Grin]

At 9p.m. they got their pj's on, brushed there teeth and headed for bed without being told. They didn't got to bed until close to 10 p.m. Eric said...I had gone to bed at 9:30 p.m. [Cool]

The two were very good and were a joy to have together.

--------------------
Sheryl

Posts: 3134 | From: Ramsey, MN  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vonnie
Grand Member
Member # 4

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Vonnie           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That sounded like it went just great.

It sure shows she is growing up. [Cry Smiley]

Does she have kids her age in the neighborhood she can play with? (either outside or inside for the winter?)

This will actually help after the baby comes. She will have some one to play with and not demand your attention as much, at least once in a while. [Smile] She is so use to having you to herself.

I think Eric entered your life at the right time. I am sure it would have been harder for her to adjust if she was the age she is now.

--------------------
Vonnie S. Toop

Posts: 1399 | From: Eau Claire, WI USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes it was a good experience and I'll do it again. I'm thinking though if you get more than 2 together don't they tend to have more problems getting along? I'll have to try getting 2 of her friends beside herself together just to see how it goes.

Yes she has our next door neighbor...Dylan. They play well together and he does come over once in awhile, but he plays with a neighbor boy that is down the road often so we don't see him much.

She is doing great by sticking to every other day which some weeks end up being just two days a week, because she goes to her dads for the weekend. She'll come up to me and ask "is today the day you play barbies with me?" If I wanted to be cruel I could say no somedays, but I'm true to my word and play 15 mins.

Today she was great. Tomorrow is garbage day and so she helped me get all the garbages emptied. Then we played Barbie's for 15 mins. I went to get supper ready and she helped set the table along with getting the chicken ready...shake n baked. I told her I really appreciated her help then she sang...I'm mom's helper! [Cool] [Smile]

--------------------
Sheryl

Sheleen
Grand Member
Member # 20

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheleen           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Victoria had a slumber party with 3 girls besides her and it went pretty well but they stayed up until 1:30 a.m. I really like it when there is only 1 other girl. It goes better and they don't tend to run in the house with less.

They had fun bowling, having a pizza supper and telling us about the funny things they do to each other in school. They are the only 4 in their group at school so they are pretty close.

Great to hear Maria having friends over. And she sounds like a big help around the house to get time with you.

Sheryl, remember us always wanting to have our friends over or going over to their place. I always liked doing that.

Posts: 1020 | From: Spicer, MN 56288  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Yes I remember those days and enjoyed those times. That is why I want to start doing that with Maria so she can experience the fun.

I'm thinking that one at a time is much better, because the others that I would invite are kids from daycare and I've seen the way they play with each other. They can be little brats to one another. Maybe, that changes as they get older. I'm hoping! [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
Sheryl

Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Friday night Maria went and spent the evening and over night with her friend Paige. They had a great night together, but we did get a phone call the next a.m. 8:15 telling us that Maria wasn't feeling well. I think it was because they were up until 11:30 p.m. and she was over tired. [Frown]

Michele, Paige's mom, said that Maria was very pale in color and was trying to throw up but nothing was coming up. A few kids at daycare did get the flu like symptoms for a day then back to normal. Paige & her parents had it last weekend. I'm just waiting for her to get it.

We headed over to get her and in the meantime she got better. So we let her stay until around 1:30 and of course they couldn't get enough of each other and want to keep playing...enough though they see each other everyday and play all day long.

--------------------
Sheryl

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Faces

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To: