Toop.org Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Toop.org » What's Happening? » The Things They Do » Drama Rama

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Drama Rama
Stacy
Forum Regular
Member # 27

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Stacy   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I thought I'd share an accomplishment that Colette achieved.

She was in Drama Rama this year with me being her coach. [Big Grin] Drama Rama is where kids get together and are given a script to a play. They have to learn their lines and act out the play within 8 minutes.

Well, when I said I would be a coach; I had no idea that we had to perform before judges until the week before. [Mad] So I wasn't so hard on the kids to learn their lines and be serious until the week before the competition. Needless to say we work hard trying to learn all our lines in 4 practices of only 1/2 hr! We also had some set backs because the Thursday before the competition, 2 girls wanted to drop out because they didn't think the other kids were learning their lines so we missed 4 days of practicing. Until one of the parents called the two girl's parents to tell them what impact they have caused on the other kids (they were all sad and upset - I was a little disappointed also!) [Cry Smiley]

On top of all that they performed on Thursday before the competition for their class, they had a hard time remembering their lines and all the teachers thought it was a terrible play because it was about dogs fighting, wanting to bite the other, peeing on tires & using words like "help, murder, blood" etc. So the day before, we had to change the script and learn new lines. If that wasn't nerve racking and upsetting!!! [Confused]

Well to make a sad story happy! [Big Grin] They remembered their lines very well and won excellent performance and the only boy in the play received best actor award (there were 7 girls and 1 boy in the play). Yeah!!

Well it just goes to show, don't give up and just do your best. [Wink]

[ November 21, 2002, 02:45 PM: Message fixed by: Stacy ]

Posts: 417 | From: Mpls  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eric
Webmaster
Member # 2

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Eric   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great job to both of you! Congrats Colette

--------------------
~ Eric

Posts: 1139 | From: Ramsey, Minnesota  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow....that sounded like a lot of Drama! How did you keep yourself sane through all that?

Congratulations to all of you and Colette!

--------------------
Sheryl

Posts: 3134 | From: Ramsey, MN  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stacy
Forum Regular
Member # 27

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Stacy   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not sure how we managed to get through all that. But for a month & a half, I went to the school during my lunch hour every Tuesday & Thursday and we practiced for about a 1/2 hr. Then the last week we worked on it every day except for on Thursday we practiced after school for 2 hrs. About an hour was for changing the script and teaching the kids new lines. [Eek!]

After the 1st day of practicing, I had a girl drop because she didn't get the line she wanted. But that was okay because I was able to find someone else right away. But the 2 that decided the week before was upsetting and nerve racking! And then to have the Drama Rama coordinator call me Sunday night and say they were not dropping out and we needed to get back into it was nerve racking!! [Confused]

Colette's pretty proud. [Star] She received a blue ribbon and will have her picture in the paper. I'll have to forward a copy of the news clipping to Eric to post when we get it. [Light Bulb]

Thanks for your congratulations! You'll have to ask Grandma Sharon what she thought of it. [Big Grin]

Posts: 417 | From: Mpls  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vonnie
Grand Member
Member # 4

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Vonnie           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A job well done.

I guess it tells us not to give up. The things that happened at the time seems so big, but you sure pulled off a good thing.

Congratulations to all of you and Colette!

--------------------
Vonnie S. Toop

Posts: 1399 | From: Eau Claire, WI USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Faces

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To: