Toop.org Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Toop.org » What's Happening? » The Things They Do » Playing Barbies every other day....

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Playing Barbies every other day....
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maria and I came to an agreement that I would begin to play barbies every other day to prepare her for when the baby comes. It was going really good up until Christmas time. She decided one night she wanted me to play barbies with her. I was verrrryyyyyyy tired and I made an agreement with her if I didn't play that night that I would play a few days straight in a row. She did like that plan so then I said if I play to night I won't play barbies until after Christmas....almost a week long of no barbies. She agreed to that! [Surprised Smiley] She stuck to it and was very good about not asking. When Christmas came and went she sure remembered that I now would play barbies every other day again.

Recently though I was being asked everyday to play and I've agreed. I asked her what happen to our agreement to every other day? She says lets forget that.... [Big Grin]

We are back to every other day, but how funny how she was roping me back into everyday again.... [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

--------------------
Sheryl

Posts: 3134 | From: Ramsey, MN  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vonnie
Grand Member
Member # 4

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vonnie           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It sure is fun to hear, at her age, the ways she knows how to get around you. LOL [Big Grin] She is always going to try to see if you forgot your agreement with her. [Wink]

I get out of playing barbies with her because I can't get down on the floor. But when she wants me to play, we go into her room and I sit on her bed and we talk about her barbies and she shows me barbies new outfits and stuff like that. So far that has always satisfied her. [Smile]

--------------------
Vonnie S. Toop

Posts: 1399 | From: Eau Claire, WI USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, I'm almost to that point where I can't set there for long to play. She is getting to understand that a little bit and doesn't mind when I have to get up and leave. We find other things we can do together. Maria is good at making a point of find things we can do together. That is what is wonderful about her, because us adults get so busy with our lives that we don't stop to spend that time with our children. I hope that she keeps that up. [Cool] [Thumbs Up]

--------------------
Sheryl

Vonnie
Grand Member
Member # 4

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Vonnie           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well a year from now, she will have some body to play with. Of course if it is a boy, he may not want to play barbies. But as you said about her, she will think of something they can do together. [Wink]

--------------------
Vonnie S. Toop

Posts: 1399 | From: Eau Claire, WI USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Last night as we were playing barbies the timer went off. Well she wanted to play longer then the 20 mins that we did. I told her that I wanted to go upstairs to play a card game. As we got up there she says, "how about if we colored in the coloring books? Would that be ok with you?" She said it so grown up and funny to hear her ask my opinion rather than were going to color rather than play card games.... [Thumbs Up] [Cool]

--------------------
Sheryl

Vonnie
Grand Member
Member # 4

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vonnie           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So did you color? [Wink]

--------------------
Vonnie S. Toop

Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Of course I did... [Big Grin] How could you refuse a little girl that ask so politely if that was ok with me... [Cool]

I love to color and I love to watch her because she can do such a good job of it that you wonder if she was the one the colored it. Somedays she doesn't take her time then it looks like a 4 year old did it. [Wink]

--------------------
Sheryl

Vonnie
Grand Member
Member # 4

I guess I knew that that was going to be your answer, I just had to ask LOL [Wink]

Yes it would be hard to refuse when she asks you like she did. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Vonnie S. Toop

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Faces

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To: