Toop.org Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Toop.org » What's Happening? » The Things They Do » Sibiling class

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Sibiling class
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yesterday we took Maria to her sibling class. The teacher showed them pictures of where the baby is right now, what happens and what to expect. She helped them know how to change a diaper. The only thing I didn't like is she rushed through that process, but the age gap was a wide range so would have been difficult....1 yrs to 8 yrs old.

They got to see where we would be going, what machines they would be using...heart monitor and where the babies would be going from time to time in the hospital. There was 2 babies and they got to see them both....2 boys. A sign! [Wink]

The parents got to watch a movie with Dr. Brazelton was helping parents deal with sibling rivalry. I don't see that happening with Maria at the age she is now, but once it gets bigger and in her stuff is where I can see a problem.

--------------------
Sheryl

Posts: 3134 | From: Ramsey, MN  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vonnie
Grand Member
Member # 4

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Vonnie           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think the class probably was better than you guys realize right now. She probably picked up more than you think.

Also because you guys saw what they told the kids, you can do more of the same thing at home. Some times a parents doesn't know what to tell them and what not to say. Now you know. But I am sure you guys have probably already shown Maria a lot of this stuff, because you have kept her well versed on what was going on.

I do agree with you that Maria will not have a problem with her sister or brother until they start to get into her stuff. [Confused] [Big Grin]

--------------------
Vonnie S. Toop

Posts: 1399 | From: Eau Claire, WI USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Faces

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To: