Toop.org Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Toop.org » What's Happening? » The Things They Do » The day with Maria

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The day with Maria
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yesterday as we were leaving Cub foods after getting groceries we were walking out of the store and Maria looks up at me to say..."You know what mom?" Know Maria what? "I love you, she says." Awwwwwww....that was enough to melt your heart. [Thumbs Up] [Cool]

We had a good day. We went to Mcdonalds for breakfast and just chatted... [Smile] Then to toy r us to exchange a b-day gift and for her to spend $5 of her own money. She was having a hard time because she didn't want to spend it all... [Big Grin] Finally she decided on a outfit for her barbie doll.

Then we came home and colored, watch cartoons and played on the computer.

It was a good last day just the two of us. We will have to make an attempt to give her special days like that.

--------------------
Sheryl

Posts: 3134 | From: Ramsey, MN  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vonnie
Grand Member
Member # 4

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Vonnie           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maria really knows the good choice of words at the right time doesn't she.

I have said this before and I will say it again. She is so good at expressing her feelings. Better than some grown ups. If people would just talk about their feelings a lot of misunderstanding could be solved in a shorter period of time. Look at kids and married people, walk around for days with their bottom lip sticking out [Mad] and if they would only have talked to whoever they are mad at it maybe could be resolved. I don't do this myself but I know it should be done. [Cry Smiley]

Maria you are a good little person. Grandma loves you! [Kiss]

--------------------
Vonnie S. Toop

Posts: 1399 | From: Eau Claire, WI USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Mom. I think that your son has a lot to do with her expressing her feelings. I think her personality and his has helped her a lot. He has helped me do the same, but it is hard to when all your life you've done the opposite.

So credit goes to you mom for teaching him or giving him the ability to do that. Either your influence or even that you just listened to him. Who knows, but he didn't do it all on his own.

--------------------
Sheryl

Posts: 3134 | From: Ramsey, MN  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vonnie
Grand Member
Member # 4

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Vonnie           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well Thank YOu.

I sure wasn't expecting to have a compliment come back to me like that. That sure was a warm fuzzy today for me. [Thumbs Up]

Well keep up the good work, both of you. [Big Grin]

[ April 30, 2003, 09:50 PM: Message fixed by: Vonnie ]

--------------------
Vonnie S. Toop

Posts: 1399 | From: Eau Claire, WI USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Faces

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To: