Toop.org Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Toop.org » What's Happening? » The Things They Do » Dividing up my time.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Dividing up my time.
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know how everyone has done it with more than one child. I will tell you that it seems much harder then I expect it to be. It is harder on me then it really is on Maria and Hayden.

I try my best to give as much time to Maria as I possibly can, but I still feel bad that I can't give her as much time as I once did. She doesn't seem affected by it. Maybe, these are just my hormones but I feel very divided.. [Frown]

--------------------
Sheryl

Posts: 3134 | From: Ramsey, MN  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheleen
Grand Member
Member # 20

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheleen           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sheryl, you have to realize that takes time to get use to two children. [Frown] You're not going to know how to do everything perfect by 2-3 wks.

I don't know if any of us have evenly divided our time with our kids. Spending time together rather then individual is just as good as individual. What we have done is give individual time at bedtime while we are tucking them in for the night.

Give yourself a break and just enjoy them. [Wink] If it isn't bothering the kids don't worry about it! Have fun with those two prescious children, they are going to grow too fast. [Cry Smiley]

Give them lots of [Heart] & [Kiss] , from us too! [Wink]

Posts: 1020 | From: Spicer, MN 56288  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vonnie
Grand Member
Member # 4

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Vonnie           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sheryl, you are being to hard on yourself.

Remember what ever you do is going to be just fine. You are already a SUPER MOM. I think what Grandma Winter said to me after you guys left on Sunday about you and Eric was so true. This is what she said, "Well I guess I don't have to lay awake at night and worry about those kids not being taken care of and loved." You guys know my mom well enough, that when she says something like this, she really means it. So it shows what you & Eric are doing for your 2 kids. So stop being so hard on yourself. You guys are doing just fine!

Maria is smart enough to know and see that you have more to do. I think she is going to be happy with any time you spend with her.

--------------------
Vonnie S. Toop

Posts: 1399 | From: Eau Claire, WI USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks everyone you've helped me realize that I can't be the super mom all the time. I will try my best to not be so hard on myself and just enjoy what time I do have with them. Thank you... [Smile] [Wink] [Cool]

--------------------
Sheryl

Posts: 3134 | From: Ramsey, MN  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheleen
Grand Member
Member # 20

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheleen           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sheryl you're a good MOM [Cool] and you just want to do what is best for your children. They'll let you know if they are needing more of your time.

Eric you're a good Dad [Cool] also, this baby stuff is all new to you but I know that you're doing great with Hayden because I've seen you with Maria who isn't even your natural daughter but you treat her as if she was.

You're both great parents! [Wink] Keep up the great work and alway enjoy those little ones because they will not stay that way which I am sure you know already with Maria. [Cry Smiley]

Posts: 1020 | From: Spicer, MN 56288  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Faces

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To: