Toop.org Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Toop.org » What's Happening? » The Things They Do » Colby

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Colby
Vonnie
Grand Member
Member # 4

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Vonnie           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi everyone, just thought I would let you know that Colby and I are getting along just fine. [Whatchutalkingabout Smile]

I bought him a bed to go in his kennel today. Apparently he likes it because he is already in his kennel tonight laying on it. [Smile]

He also got a new chain so I could put him
outside on the lawn to look around. He got some good heatly treats that should last a while. [Roll Eyes]

He is doing just fine. I sure am enjoying him. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Vonnie S. Toop

Posts: 1399 | From: Eau Claire, WI USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm happy to hear that you and Colby are getting along well. Grandma is spoiling her grandson... [Wink] [Smile] I'm thinking that Grandma needs a puppy of her own... [Smile] You always seem more active, happier and healthier when you have Colby.... [Cool]

--------------------
Sheryl

Posts: 3134 | From: Ramsey, MN  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vonnie
Grand Member
Member # 4

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vonnie           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Last time I had Colby I told Eric that if I ever got a dog it would have to come to your house (Eric & Sheryl) for a couple of months.

Colby is so well behaved when you tell him to do something, that I wouldn't want a dog that doesn't go to bed when you tell him, go to the kennel when you have to go to work, poop when you tell him and all the rest of the things he does on command. The one I also enjoy is if you are playing with him and you want to quit, you just say enough Colby and he quits. Boy my kids weren't as good a Colby listening to me. He is a joy to have around.

Yes I am more active when he is around. [Wink]

--------------------
Vonnie S. Toop

Posts: 1399 | From: Eau Claire, WI USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vonnie
Grand Member
Member # 4

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vonnie           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well it has been a few days since I updated you on Colby & me.

We are still getting along just great [Big Grin] The first week when he came I was afraid he would get bored with just me here, so I was talking to him or holding him or playing with him. Now that he has been here longer I don't worry about him being bored. He lets me know when he wants to play or get on my lap. We still play and talk but maybe not as much as that first week.

Right now he is laying on the back of the davenport, in the sun, looking out the window.

Bruce & Lynn found the perfect thing to go on my deck railing so I don't have to worry about him getting threw the spokes. It is a green fencing. It looks just fine. It doesn't stand out at all. They found it at Home Depot. The stairway I use has this stuff going accrossed it but we have a hock on the end that I just have to lift the green fence off and open the stairway for him and I to go down. I can do this with 1 hand.

He knows when the chain goes on his collar we are going down the steps for him to go potty. When he is done he runs up the stairs. His chain comes off and than he can have full run of the deck. He seems to like out routine. Of course he gets held when we sit on the deck for awhile. [Wink]

--------------------
Vonnie S. Toop

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Faces

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To: