Toop.org Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Toop.org » What's Happening? » The Things They Do » 1st week of school

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 1st week of school
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maria's 1st week of school went well. The first day I was very nervous for her in meeting new friends at the daycare, at school and her new school. Then I was nervous that she might miss her bus or even the bus stop. The morning of her 1st day Eric took her out to show her where she would be getting off. She got out of school at 3:55 so Hayden and I rushed out there by 4 p.m. thinking she would be not long after. 15 mins went by, 1/2 hour went by, then 45 mins and then a full hour she finally came... [Eek!] [Cry Smiley]

I was getting nervous at the thought she was waiting for me at school because she had missed the bus. When it arrived she just very confidently got off the bus with the biggest smile.

Her 1st day & week was good and she met a few new friends...Miranda & Brianna at Adventures plus(school daycare). She can't remember all of the names yet.... [Wink] [Cool]

She likes her teacher even better than she liked Mrs. Johnson her kindergarten teacher. I thought she was good so that was great to hear.

The one thing she doesn't like was that both 1st grade classes are not in seperate rooms. It is all one room. We thought that was weird so we hope that she doesn't find it harder to learn.

--------------------
Sheryl

Posts: 3134 | From: Ramsey, MN  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vonnie
Grand Member
Member # 4

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vonnie           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I sure am glad to hear Maria had a good first week. A lot of new things for her this year.

I had to smile as I read all the things you put yourself through Sheryl. It sounded like you made yourself a basket case worrying about everything going right.

I am sure the next day when things went good again, you looked back and laughed at yourself for all the worrying you did. You sound like a very normal mom. [Cry Smiley] As a mom we can think of all the things that could go wrong, and the kids get through it like nothing because I am sure you went over and over things about getting on the bus, the bus ride and getting off at the right place. Because her day went so well you and Eric can take the credit for preparing her for the 1st day.

I asked Eric how Hayden was doing with going to daycare everyday without Maria. He said he is doing just fine. [Big Grin]

I am glad everything went so well because with all the stress with the house and moving you didn't need something to go wrong.

I could just see Maria getting off the bus with the big smile on her face. I am sure she felt like a big girl. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Vonnie S. Toop

Posts: 1399 | From: Eau Claire, WI USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stacy
Forum Regular
Member # 27

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stacy   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I do the same thing and everything seems to always go okay but I'm sure it made it easier for her to know and be told what to expect. When it's unknown then it makes kids scared and worry. I remember being worried when I wasn't told what would happen and I think that's why we worry because we weren't always informed as to what would go on.

Good job, Maria. Your a BIG girl!!!

Posts: 417 | From: Mpls  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eric
Webmaster
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eric   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maria has mentioned to Sheryl that she doesn't need to meet her at the bus stop. Maria said that she could walk to the new house.

LOL

--------------------
~ Eric

Posts: 1138 | From: Ramsey, Minnesota  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vonnie
Grand Member
Member # 4

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vonnie           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sheryl and Eric your little girl is growing up.

How close to the new house does the bus drop her off?

--------------------
Vonnie S. Toop

Posts: 1399 | From: Eau Claire, WI USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes we mom's do worry probably more than we should but that is what makes us mom's.

The house is only 5 to 6 houses from the bus stop.

I was putting Maria to bed and tell her I wouldn't see her until that evening at the bus stop and to have a good day at school. She asked if it was ok if I didn't come to the bus stop, that she wanted to try it herself. I told her that would be fine but that I would be watching her from the mailbox a straight shot look of her when she got off the bus. I actually fell through with the plan, because I was thinking I would meet her 1/2 way.

The next day when she successed getting off the bus stop and walking to the house she said, I like walking by myself because it makes me feel grown up!! [Smile] [Wink]

--------------------
Sheryl

Posts: 3134 | From: Ramsey, MN  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Faces

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To: