Toop.org Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Toop.org » What's Happening? » The Things They Do » Hayden update

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Hayden update
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Early Tuesday a.m. I took Hayden into the emergency room because his breathing was very labored and he couldn't sleep. They ran test and x-rays and saw the beginning stages of pneumonia and dehydration. I took him in at 2:30 a.m. and they admitted him by 6:30 a.m.

They put him on an IV and nebulized him every 2-3 hours. It was a long night because neither Hayden or I slept much from 11:30 p.m. until Tuesday 10:30 a.m. Then Tuesday night we didn't get much sleep because they kept coming in to do his vitals and to neb him. And we had to contain him in his room with an IV connected to him.... [Eek!] [Frown] Believe me we were so wore out from trying to entertain him while he was awake that we took naps when he did to keep up our energy. The doctors and nurses chuckled every time they had to check on him because he was soooooo busy!! [Big Grin]

He got out Wednesday a.m. and he slept 5 hours when we got home. 3 hours at the a.m. nap and 2 hours for his afternoon nap. Thursday we took him in for his check up and found out that it wasn't pneumonia that he had it is asthma that he has. The doctor says that it is induced by colds and smoke. We have to nebulize him 2 times a day until his check up in October.

He is doing great now!! [Cool] [Thumbs Up]

--------------------
Sheryl

Posts: 3134 | From: Ramsey, MN  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vonnie
Grand Member
Member # 4

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vonnie           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw Hayden today (Sunday) and believe me, everything they did for him to make him better worked. He was as lively as ever. You would have never quessed he was so sick just days earlier. [Whatchutalkingabout Smile]

I took Colby back to the Toop family today. After having him for 3 months I am going to miss him a lot. He became a very good companion for me.

I may have made him a little spoiled because we sat on the deck a lot and I usually held him most the time. I would brush his hair out there and he loved that. He did get a lot of attention from me in many ways. Eric & Sheryl may have a time with him to teach him that they doesn't have as much time as I did to pamper him but they were so glad I would take him for 3 months that I didn't have any does or don't with how I treated him. (HE LOVED IT) Colby & I got along just great! [Big Grin]

He would always sleep in his kennel at night but the last night I had him, I let him sleep with me. He really enjoyed that! [Wink]

--------------------
Vonnie S. Toop

Posts: 1399 | From: Eau Claire, WI USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is amazing how well the meds work. I'm hoping that it isn't a quick fix, but we will try to keep him very healthy. I bought some all natural juice in the healthy isles at cub. 100% vit c & vit a!! I have to go get more because he drank it all gone already.

He is sleeping well through the night!! [Thumbs Up]

--------------------
Sheryl

Stacy
Forum Regular
Member # 27

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stacy   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah!! If he likes yogurt, you might want to buy some yogurt too. That helps build their immune system. Just a suggestion
Posts: 417 | From: Mpls  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stacy
Forum Regular
Member # 27

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stacy   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How's Mr. Hayden doing? Is he better? or is it really alergies? You must be really busy since neither of you have been posting.
Posts: 417 | From: Mpls  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Well I've been taking Hayden to the Chiro and we've only been doing 1 neb a day. He seems to be doing well with that. Once he goes to his appointment next week Wednesday we will see if we can do without the nebulizer and just do an inhaler when needed. We will keep you posted.

--------------------
Sheryl

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Faces

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To: