Toop.org Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Toop.org » What's Happening? » The Things They Do » Kids and Colby

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Kids and Colby
Vonnie
Grand Member
Member # 4

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Vonnie           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi everyone:

Because I don't see every one very often on Eric's side or Sheryl's side of the family, I always look forward in hearing what your kids are doing.

It only takes a few minutes to tell me. [Smile]

--------------------
Vonnie S. Toop

Posts: 1399 | From: Eau Claire, WI USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well Colby is the same old dog doing the same old tricks and not knowing that outdoors is for pooping not the basement!! [Eek!] [Roll Eyes] [Mad]

Otherwise, he is doing great!! He camps out in the laundry room. That seems the best fit and he prefers his small kennel than his big one. He hasn't had much of a choice because the laundry room couldn't handle the big one. During the day when we are at work we let him loose in the laundry room. That seems to work out the best. Except one time he did lick or chewed a mark on the wall. Not sure why... [Mad]

--------------------
Sheryl

Posts: 3134 | From: Ramsey, MN  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The kids on the other hand...

Maria is loving school, loving the area, and loving her basement that is set up like school. We play almost daily. I did have to tell her that we have to change it to every other and she makes sure that I stick to that plan... [Big Grin] [Wink]

Hayden let see what he has been up to. Making funny expressions that make his family laugh and he'll do it more because he got us to laugh... [Big Grin] He loves music and stops to dance for any tune that he hears. Our phones each have tune on it and when someone calls he dances to it.... [Smile] If he wants you to see something or have you do something for him he'll take you by the hand and take you to what he wanted you for. Pretty clever of him!!

He still bites and hits so we haven't figured out how to correct that. We've even done the time out thing, hugs & kisses, but he still does it. Someone says to bite him back, someone says continue what you are doing and not to bite or hit him back because that just teaches him that it is alright. So what do you do? If you have any suggestions let us know.

That is what our kiddo's are doing.

--------------------
Sheryl

korgecl
Member # 45

Icon 1 posted      Profile for korgecl           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When Vonnie was little, she would bite me. After trying everything she could think of, my mother finally bit Vonnie. It worked but I wouldn't recommend it. Someone would probably turn you in for abuse or something.
Posts: 53 | From: Green Bay office  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vonnie
Grand Member
Member # 4

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vonnie           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did you have to tell everyone that I bit you. [Wink]

I remember mom talking about how hard it was to bite me but she had tried everything. Sure glad it worked for your sack Connie. [Cry Smiley]

--------------------
Vonnie S. Toop

Posts: 1399 | From: Eau Claire, WI USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Well we've bitten him, but apparently not hard enough and I don't have the heart to bite him to leave a mark. He knows he is doing it because at daycare he has a rubber duck around his neck like a necklace and when he wants to bite he is suppose to bite it. He uses it a lot. When he doesn't have it on Linda says that he goes to get it and puts it on hiself. So he knows what he is doing. He hits as well.... [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
Sheryl

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Faces

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To: