Toop.org Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Toop.org » What's Happening? » The Things They Do » Ryan's snowboarding accident

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Ryan's snowboarding accident
Shannon
Member # 19

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shannon           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So much for snowboarding the rest of the season. Ryan was in the ER last night and off for surgery getting pins put in his L shoulder where it broke. It's just one of those things that happens.

It didn't go threw the skin and broke ridged where it was put together like a puzzle. Two good things that made it for the good.

4-6 wks to heal,he'll need therapy and another 6-8 months to have full use of his shoulder. We'll see what happens with football season. [Big Grin] [Wink]

Right now he's sleeping in the recliner with ice pack on and doped with vicoden. All for now Update later next wk. He has a follow up Tuesday.

--------------------
Shannon

Posts: 533 | From: Wausau Wi USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Oh no!! [Cry Smiley]

Hope all turns out well. Get better soon.

A friend of mine scattered her wrist and had to have a pin put in it with a traction device on it. She is out of work for 6 weeks and could have full use of it with in 1 year, but might have to become a left hand writer if it doesn't.

--------------------
Sheryl

Posts: 3134 | From: Ramsey, MN  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shannon
Member # 19

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shannon           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Doctor said it'll affect him the rest of his life! He's doing good. He was up and around today.

Took the bandage off and he wasn't sure if he wanted to look at it! [Smile] It looks good. It's amazing how it's done!

This Doctor was highly roccamended by the ER Doctor,which was comforting. The surgery Nurse said the samething,which her husband that is a physcial therpist says the say thing.

Hopfully he'll be good by Feb for this wedding he's standing up for.

--------------------
Shannon

Posts: 533 | From: Wausau Wi USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Connie
Member # 48

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Connie           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I broke my arm a year and a half ago- up high near the shoulder. Ryan has my sympathies. It is painful and darn inconvenient. The therapy is such an important part. Being an athlete, he is used to doing range of motion and weights which is the important stuff. Hooking my bra was one of my major problems. At least he can bypass that one.
Getting dressed is a problem. Having someone else cut your meat at the table. It is the day to day little stuff that really got to be a nuisance. Good luck to you, Ryan.

Posts: 47 | From: Green Bay  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Faces

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To: