Toop.org Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Toop.org » What's Happening? » Are ya Hungry? » A New Way Of Eating.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: A New Way Of Eating.
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm in the process of reading a book on how to combine our foods and which foods shouldn't be eaten together, along with what foods our body can't digest together. It is very interesting and I'm learning a lot. I knew a lot of it from listening to Mom, but this is only proving her right. I will share a little piece of info every time I learn one.

1. Eat fruits on an empty stomach and by themselves. The reason being is that fruit can upset the digestive process when eaten with other foods.

2. Protein and fats shouldn't be combined with carbohydrates. Again, the reason being is that protein and fats are easily digested when eaten with vegetables only and that carbohydrates should be eaten in their wholegrain form without fats at all. Agian because your body can digest them very easily together.

These are just to at the moment. I could go on, but if I put too much it might over whelm you. So if you don't want to feel bloated or gasie these are some suggestions on how to reduce and possible stop those feelings.

Posts: 3134 | From: Ramsey, MN  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheleen
Grand Member
Member # 20

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheleen           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bill has a body building book that says the same thing. We've tried to do that and it does work and also, you'll find yourself lossing weight if you follow it. It is hard though when you go to other peoples place to eat that way unless you take your own food to eat which wouldn't look too good.
Posts: 1020 | From: Spicer, MN 56288  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy
Member # 14

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tammy   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sheryl ~ Your book sounds interesting. What is the title & who is the author?

Would you please keep posting a couple suggestions at a time as you learn them, or a couple a day - whatever is easiest? It sounds like we could all benefit from a healthy book like that! Thanks for sharing!

Posts: 108 | From: Blaine, MN, USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I realize that when you go to others that it will be a little more difficult, but my goal is to start here and when I do go places it will be my treat time. The book does tell you how to work with those times when you do go out to eat or at others to eat. I'm going to give it a try, better to start some where then no where at all.

The book is called "Suzanne Somers' Eat Great, Lose Weight. It is the first book that I've been able to read and keep interested in. I will try to add one bit of info each day.....better for you to digest.

[This message has been edited by Sheryl (edited January 20, 2001).]

Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
More things to think about.....

Funky Foods have to be eliminated from your diet entirely. The following is the list of them:

1. White and Brown sugar
2. Raw sugar
3. Corn syrup
4. Sucrose
5. Fructose
6. Molasses
7. Honey
8. Maple syrup
9. Beets
10.Carrots

Why carrots? Carrots are very high in carbohydrates (or natural sugar) and there's plenty of beta carotene in other foods like apricots (dried and raw), cantaloupe, collard greens (let me know if you know what greens those are), broccoli and kale (if you know what kale is let me know what that is also) which you can eat all these in abundance.

That is todays tip.

Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

It has been almost four weeks since we started the new diet and I've lost 10 lbs. It doesn't seem like a lot, but I sure can feel a difference in my clothes. The exercising is helping a lot. I don't do a whole lot just walking the steps at work everyday and then the treadmill every other day. I'm hoping by the time March 31st comes around that I've lost another 10 lbs.

The food combiantion is going good. They're times I do combined them, but I do then regret it later.

Shannon
Member # 19

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shannon           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great job Sheryl! I've been to Weightwatchers going on 3 wks this SAt. and lost 4.8bls! I hope it keeps coming off! I have this head cold that helps! I don't feel like eatting except for having soups and toast. I weigh in every Sat. and Sundays are my cheating day!ha
So how is it that one could combined their foods and shouldn't? Tell us more!

Posts: 533 | From: Wausau Wi USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

It goes like this.....don't combine your protien/fats with carbs. So don't eat bread, potatoes, noodles, etc with a meat or anything that is a protien or fat. The reason being, because your body can't digest both very well at the same time. It was a little difficult at first and a few times we have cheated, but it is just something we have to get use to. We've eaten all our lives thinking that we have to have bread with everything, etc and it will just take time to reprogram our brain. So it won't happen over night, but it is coming.

It, also, is because your body burns off fat before sure. Carbs will turn into sugar, before it is able to digest the carbs, because our body burns the fat first. I have a book you can read. I'll try to remember to bring it the end of March.

Exercise is the key to weight loss and maintaining, of course, along with smaller portions than what we are use to.

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Faces

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To: