Toop.org Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Toop.org » What's Happening? » Are ya Hungry? » Speedy Shepheard's Pie...Weight Watchers

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Speedy Shepheard's Pie...Weight Watchers
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
12 oz extra lean ground beef
1/2 c chopped onion
1 c each sliced baby carrots & frozen baby peas (or 2 c mixed veggies)
1/2 c low-sodium beef broth ( or 1 packet brown gravy)
2 c prepared instant potato flakes
dash paprika

1. Preheat oven to 375

2. In 10" nonstick skillet cook beef until no longer pink. Addd onion; cook, stirring constantly, until onion is softened, 2-3 minutes. Add carrots and peas; continue to cook and stir until veggies are tender, about 5 min. Add broth; bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat to low; let simmer until most of the liquid is absorbed, about 10 min.

3. Transfer mixture to 1 1/2 qt casserole. Top mixture with prepared potato flakes, spreading and fluffing with a fork; sprinkle with paprika. Bake until heated through, 15-20 min.

Makes 4 servings; 7 points per serving.

We made this for supper tonight and it was very good. We substituted some things because we didn't have some of the ingredigents.

[ January 09, 2002: Message fixed by: Sheryl ]

--------------------
Sheryl

Posts: 3134 | From: Ramsey, MN  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shannon
Member # 19

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shannon           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sheryl- I'm thinking of trying this but thought of using leftover mashed potatos instead. Would that work? Also ground turkey instead of beef. We're having someone this friday and can't eat too much food with fats. What do you think?

--------------------
Shannon

Posts: 533 | From: Wausau Wi USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think that all of what you have would work. Leftovers would be great because then it won't take you as long to make new stuff and ground turkey can make it less in fat. We have noticed that you have to be carefull with turkey because we bought some that was just as bad as ground beef.

Enjoy!

--------------------
Sheryl

Shannon
Member # 19

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shannon           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I made this for supper friday and it was great-it's a keeper the guest said.

I made it with real mashed potatos,ground turkey(your right about gaims of fat-I'm surprise) and added 2 cans of carrots and peas and 2 cans of this gravey in a can with little fat. I layered the meat,onions and gravey on the bottom,put vegs on top of the meat and then the mashed potatos. I severed it with this hot fruit compote. And for dessert we had these new kind of cookies-Miss Meringue-5 cookies and 1.5g fats and no fiber.

And the kids loved it!!!

[ February 09, 2002: Message fixed by: we5andjj ]

--------------------
Shannon

Posts: 533 | From: Wausau Wi USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Glad to hear that your family & friends like your new meal. It is so nice to have different meals every once in awhile instead of the same old all the time. That is what I've found with Weight watchers...we've found such a wide variety.

--------------------
Sheryl

Shannon
Member # 19

You'll have to try out the cookies. They were so good.

--------------------
Shannon

Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

What was the calories on those cookies? I'm assuming that they are store boughten or am I wrong?

--------------------
Sheryl

Shannon
Member # 19

These cookies Miss Meringue are fat free.4 cookies=80 cal-0 fats and 0 fiber. So how many pts? I bought them at County Market.

--------------------
Shannon

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Faces

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To: