Toop.org Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Toop.org » What's Happening? » Are ya Hungry? » Potato Soup

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Potato Soup
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1 large onion chopped
4 medium potatoes peeled & quartered
1 pkg Idahoan potato pack (loaded baked flavor)
4 cups water/4 chicken boullin (boiled & disolved)
1 can (12oz) fat free evaporated milk
5 slices (3oz) canadian bacon, chopped (pizza style)
2 packet butter buds butter flavored granules
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
garlic powder (to taste)

I large saucepan coated w/nonstick cooking spray, saute onions until tender. Add potatoes and broth, bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover & simmer for 20-25 mins or until cubbed potatoes are tender. Stir in milk, bacon, butter buds, salt & pepper.

Garnish w/fat free sour cream & minced chives

7 servings...1 serving(1 cup)= 3pts

Add cheese for added taste for 2 points.

I'm making this for supper and I sneeked a bite....yummmmyyyyy!

Ok, agian, you'll want to double or even triple it if you have a larger family then ours. Even if you would like leftovers that wouldn't be enough for that.

[ March 04, 2002: Message fixed by: Sheryl ]

--------------------
Sheryl

Posts: 3134 | From: Ramsey, MN  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So Sheleen did the plain instant potatoes work out pretty good?

--------------------
Sheryl

Sheleen
Grand Member
Member # 20

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheleen           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, it did! I liked it the children weren't too sure. It isn't how I usually make it!
Posts: 1020 | From: Spicer, MN 56288  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Next time you go shopping get a few to have on hand and try it again with the packets of potatoes. It really is good with the flavorings.

Funny how kids like certain things. The other day we tried a different lasagna w/no meat and green peppers. Maria says, "I don't like the new lasagna." Her new word for food she doesn't like is "disgusting!"

[ March 08, 2002: Message fixed by: Sheryl ]

--------------------
Sheryl

Eric
Webmaster
Member # 2

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Eric   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think that the potato soup is the best... I love it!

--------------------
~ Eric

Posts: 1138 | From: Ramsey, Minnesota  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sharon
Forum Regular
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sharon   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds very good I wish I had the ingredients so I could make it for dinner today. Would be a great meal on a day like this. Only I don't even feel like going out and cleaning the car off so I could go get the things that I would need, even if it is only a few blocks. And I forgot my scarf at the Drs. place so I can't even walk to get the things.

--------------------
Sharon Kay

Posts: 211 | From: Rochester, MN 55902  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

This has become a favorite meal of ours. The other night Eric decided to make it on his own. Well I revised the recipe without writing it down. He asked how to make it and I told him to just follow the directions. I had gone to bed because I had to be up the next a.m. by 4 a.m. to do my 10 hr sift for the next 4 weeks. I couldn't sleep so I got up....good thing because he was always asking me questions and he would have had a very interesting combination if I hadn't. It turned out very good though.

--------------------
Sheryl

Connie Korger
Member # 9

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Connie Korger           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have made potato soup for a long time but my recipe is higher in fat. I have found it is a good base for a lot of creamed soups. I like the potato soup with fake crab meat or left over fish. One time for a Packer party, I made the basic soup and added shrimp, crab and lobster.I have also added cooked broccoli and carrot.Limited only by what is available. [Cool]
Posts: 194 | From: Green Bay, WI,USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Faces

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To: