Toop.org Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Toop.org » What's Happening? » Are ya Hungry? » Pretzel salad

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Pretzel salad
Connie Korger
Member # 9

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Connie Korger           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1 cup crushed pretzels
1/2 c. melted butter, no subtitute
1/2 c. sugar
Mix above together and bake in cake pan at 350 for 8-10 min. Let cool and then break apart.

8 oz cream cheese
16 oz cool whip
20 oz crushed pineapple, drained
1/2 c. sugar
Cream together cream cheese and sugar until fluffy. Add pineapple and cool whip. Add pretzel mix last, just before you are ready to serve.
More like dessert that salad.

Posts: 194 | From: Green Bay, WI,USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds pretty good. Might just have to try that one.

--------------------
Sheryl

Posts: 3134 | From: Ramsey, MN  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vonnie
Grand Member
Member # 4

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Vonnie           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Connie.

I will have to try this for my Country quilters Club.

I am always looking for ideas. [Smile]

--------------------
Vonnie S. Toop

Posts: 1399 | From: Eau Claire, WI USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Connie Korger
Member # 9

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Connie Korger           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Vonnie, do you want to tell them about the response you got when you served this at quilters?

[ October 26, 2002, 06:56 PM: Message fixed by: Connie Korger ]

Posts: 194 | From: Green Bay, WI,USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shannon
Member # 19

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shannon           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've had this and it is very good.

--------------------
Shannon

Posts: 533 | From: Wausau Wi USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vonnie
Grand Member
Member # 4

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vonnie           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had a excellent response from the ladies at Quilters.

I should know better to take the recipe with me when I make something like this because a number of people asked me for it.

I served it with Vanilla Wafers and coffee. I doubled the recipe but could have made more. Their was only 1 bit left and the lady I serve with had that. So would you believe I never did get a taste of it.

Maybe I should make this for Thanksgiving if that is okay with everyone. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Vonnie S. Toop

Posts: 1399 | From: Eau Claire, WI USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This was a very good salad!!!!! [Thumbs Up] [Thumbs Up] If you haven't tried it, it would be well worth trying. You'll want it all the time. This is even one that Eric likes and he is picky as to what he likes. [Wink]

--------------------
Sheryl

Vonnie
Grand Member
Member # 4

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Vonnie           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes the pretzel salad was a hit at Sheleen's for Thanksgiving also. This was the first time I had eaten it and I thought it was really good.

We had what was left on Friday night and it was even good the next day. I thought with the pretzels getting soggy it wouldn't taste the same, but it was still good. We will have to make that again.

We have pot luck at work in December so I will have to take it.

--------------------
Vonnie S. Toop

Eric
Webmaster
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eric   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yes it was good....but that doesn't mean we should replace Green beans or grandma corn with it [Whatchutalkingabout Smile]

--------------------
~ Eric

Posts: 1138 | From: Ramsey, Minnesota  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No need to replace just add to our favorites... [Wink]

--------------------
Sheryl

Sheleen
Grand Member
Member # 20

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheleen           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Sheryl for calling with this receipe. Vonnie called right after I got done talking to you. I have it already made. What a fast, easy and tasting salad! It is sure to be a winner! [Cool] [Wink]

[ July 03, 2003, 10:33 PM: Message fixed by: Sheleen ]

Posts: 1020 | From: Spicer, MN 56288  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Faces

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To: