Toop.org Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Toop.org » What's Happening? » Are ya Hungry? » Baking stone

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Baking stone
Connie Korger
Member # 9

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Connie Korger           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am sure I had read or heard that you need to be sure to preheat a baking stone befoe putting the food items in. I learned the hard way (again) why it is best to folow the directions. I was in the middle of watching some program when I decided to throw in a Healthy Choice frozen dish for a late supper. I turned on the oven. Since the directions said to put it on a cookie sheet, I put the stone in the oven. I didnpt want to wait around for the preheating so about a minute later, I put the frozen dish on the stone. When I went to get the stuff after 45 minutes, the stone was broken in half.
I got a new one from Sheryl for Christmas. Guess I will be more careful with that.

Posts: 194 | From: Green Bay, WI,USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yup....that is the rule with the stones. Lynn did that samething with hers one time. It was a pamper chef one and I believe she got it replaced. If yours is a pamper chef you can get it replaced for nothing.

--------------------
Sheryl

Posts: 3134 | From: Ramsey, MN  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stacy
Forum Regular
Member # 27

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stacy   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Rose] Reminder [Rose] - Be sure to replace it within a year or whatever the warranty year is on a stone.

I broke mine because I put a frozen pizza on it. I was told the reason it broke was because the food was frozen. When I use the 9x13 to make a hot dish, I don't preheat it?

The lady I got it through wouldn't let me replace it because it says to not put frozen food directly on it but I don't think they are that strick anymore. [Thumbs Up]

Posts: 417 | From: Mpls  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now days all you need to do it send it back with your receipt and they replace it with no questions asked. It does have to be in within the warranty time though.

--------------------
Sheryl

Posts: 3134 | From: Ramsey, MN  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Faces

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To: