Toop.org Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Toop.org » What's Happening? » A New You » A new healthier me

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: A new healthier me
Eric
Webmaster
Member # 2

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Eric   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Recently Sheryl introduced everyone to a new way of eating. It has taken a little bit of getting use to. But I can say that it isn't too hard after you work on it for a while.

There are a few things that I don't like about it, not eating Potatoes, or bread with meat. But I've gotten use to it. One change that was big for me was that since I can remember I've always eaten White bread. Sheryl was able to find ONE and only ONE kind of bread that didn't have Corn Syrup in it. The bread itself weighs a ton, and it seems thick. At first I didn't really like it. But I wanted to give it a chance. I didn't want to give up on it. As time had gone on, I now find that I like the bread. Toasted is the best way.

I personally haven't lost any weight yet. But then again I haven't been exercising yet. I did get up a few mornings and do it. But I really need the weather to warm up a bit and then I will get out and walk for lunch.

I've also started to not eat as much. It is still very tough. But I lost about 60 pounds a few years ago by just cutting down on what I was eating. At the time I was able to sit down and eat an entire Tombstone pizza by myself. Then I started to cut back on the eating. After time I realized that I would eat maybe 1/2 or less of the same pizza and be full. Everyone kept asking me what my secret was in losing my weight. I had nothing to tell them but that I was just cutting back.

The amazing part of that story is that before I lost that weight I was in XXL clothing like today. But after I lost that weight I was wearing L sized clothes. It was a great felling for my best friend or even his girl friend asking to borrow one of my shirts for work....

I want so badly to have that same felling again.

So Today I take a pledge with everyone as my witness that I am planning on losing weight. I am a bigger built guy and am able to hide my weight better then some. Today I weight a whopping 320 lbs and it is time that I towards a better healthier future for myself. I want to be 230 lbs or lighter again. And I know that I can do it.

Who else is currently trying to lose weight or is willing to join me in trying?

[ February 21, 2001: Message edited by: Eric ]

--------------------
~ Eric

Posts: 1139 | From: Ramsey, Minnesota  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vonnie
Grand Member
Member # 4

Icon 11 posted      Profile for Vonnie           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I will join you. I have not been doing so good lately. I have to get back on the losing track so I can also feel better.

What kind of bread is that? Is it good for my fiber?

Whats with the corn syrup in the bread?

--------------------
Vonnie S. Toop

Posts: 1399 | From: Eau Claire, WI USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy
Member # 14

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Tammy   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I will, Eric! I want to lose about 20 pounds for starters.

I look in the mirror & I think, "Oh my Gosh! What have I done to myself? How could I let my body get this big???!!!" I feel so unattractive at this size.

I LOVE to eat (as I'm sure we all do). My weakness has always been snacks...like chips & chocolate. I think EVERY tooth in my mouth is a sweet tooth!

It is a hard thing to commit to losing weight. I think the secret will be just to take one day at a time. Eat in moderation & exercise at LEAST 30 minutes a day (maybe for at least 4 days a week)? I'd like to say everyday, but don't know that I'm that motivated - at least in the beginning starting out. I guess also, if I splurge a little one day, not to get too upset & discouraged by it. I just need to get back on track the next day. Also, I know it's good to drink LOTS of water.

Good Luck to US!

Posts: 108 | From: Blaine, MN, USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sharon
Forum Regular
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sharon   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm with you all. I need to desperatly loose at least 10 and 15lbs would be better. But I need to get a plan again. If I have what I am going to eat down on paper a week ahead of time then I can just look at the paper and just eat that I can do it but lately I haven't had time to chart it out a week ahead and I haven't had time or felt like getting up a half hour early in the morning so I can get exercise in. Its hard but as Eric I have done it before and know I can do it again. I like to plan foods I can and like to eat all the time and then if I just stick to it I can do it.
This putting it down in writing might help. It should be motivation.
Like Tammy I like sweets to much. And my colestro tells. I bought an angle food cake mix at the grocery store today and thought that would be better for me to eat with my tea. I always need something to go with it and I have tea about three times a day so I think if I don't buy any more choclate candy bars and don't have them around maybe I will cut down or off. heheh
Good luck every one. Keep reporting.

[ February 21, 2001: Message edited by: Eric ]

--------------------
Sharon Kay

Posts: 211 | From: Rochester, MN 55902  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eric
Webmaster
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eric   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks like this new forum might be a hit....

Eric scratches his head wondering why the isn't working

--------------------
~ Eric

Posts: 1139 | From: Ramsey, Minnesota  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eric
Webmaster
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eric   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmmm I added a space in Sharon's post and now it works....

--------------------
~ Eric

Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok, everyone this is going to have to be a life changing decision. If you want to lose that weight you have to also make the decision that it is something that I always have to do to maintain. It isn't you lose the weight then go back to our old way of eating.

Exercising is the key! You have to do it everyday for 1/2 hour and make it a part of your life just like eating is a part of your life. It really isn't that hard just a determination that we have to obtain. We can make excuses that it is too cold when it's winter then summer comes and it's too hot. You have to be carefull, because winter walking outdoors can be dangerous and the same for summer. You have to find something you indoors for the days that you can't get outdoors. We have it great, because we have a treadmill.

The other key is remember what you put into your body is what your body is going to become. If you eat a lot of fat, sugar, junk food your body is going to react to that stuff.

I'm glad to see that you've all taken the first step in recognizing the need to make a change. Like Tammy said just take it one day at a time and don't beat yourself up if you fail a day or two. You are at least trying.

Good Luck and keep us up dated. We should set a chart on the site of what you need to eat this day or what exercise you need to do. See how that works. That way we all are doing it together.

Vonnie....the bread Eric is talking about is New England Brown bread. You don't want corn syrup or high frutose, because that is a sugar and your body won't burn that off as fast as fat then it turns into a fat that stays with you or that you have to exercise to keep off.

--------------------
Sheryl

Posts: 3134 | From: Ramsey, MN  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Faces

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To: