Toop.org Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Toop.org » What's Happening? » A New You » Go fill up your glasses now!!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Go fill up your glasses now!!!
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
75% of Americans are chronically dehydrated. (Likely applies to
half world pop.)

In 37% of Americans, the thirst mechanism is so weak that it is
often mistaken for hunger.

Even MILD dehydration will slow down one's metabolism as much as
3%.

One glass of water shuts down midnight hunger pangs for almost 100%
of the dieters studied in a U-Washington study.

Lack of water, the #1 trigger of daytime fatigue.

Preliminary research indicates that 8-10 glasses of water a day
could significantly ease back and joint pain for up to 80% of sufferers.

A mere 2% drop in body water can trigger fuzzy short-term
memory, trouble with basic math, and difficulty focusing on the
computer screen or on a printed page.

Drinking 5 glasses of water daily decreases the risk of colon
cancer by 45%,plus it can slash the risk of breast cancer by 79%, and one is 50% less likely to develop bladder cancer.

Are you drinking the amount of water you should every day?

--------------------
Sheryl

Posts: 3134 | From: Ramsey, MN  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eric
Webmaster
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eric   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very good suggestion. I try to keep a large glass next to me at work that I keep filling up.

It is a must do.... Drop the soda and pick up the water

--------------------
~ Eric

Posts: 1139 | From: Ramsey, Minnesota  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy
Member # 14

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Tammy   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know, it's so good for your body to have at least 8 eight ounce glasses of water a day (just be prepared to go to the bathroom all day long)! I have to get better at this also.

I know it would do wonders for me to stop drinking pop, I seem to go through streaks. On a bad day, I'll drink 2-4 cans a day (usually weekends). On a good day, I'll only have 1 or 2 cans. I've noticed if I can go 1 whole day without a pop, I seem to get over that desire of thinking I need one. I love regular, sugar pop (not diet)!

I'll try to drink less, I know it would affect my weight considerably, not to mention it's way better for your teeth too. (Pop & also fruit juices are really hard on your teeth & gums - my dentist told me this & my friend, Michelle's dentist told her the same thing).

Posts: 108 | From: Blaine, MN, USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So very important for a healthy life style. Water does the body good just like milk does...

--------------------
Sheryl

Posts: 3134 | From: Ramsey, MN  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Faces

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To: