Toop.org Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Toop.org » What's Happening? » A New You » Don't tell me.....

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Don't tell me.....
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
that we already lost interest in loosing weight or making changes in our life to improve our eating habits.

Let us know if you have made the changes, what they are and what results you feel you've gotten.

--------------------
Sheryl

Posts: 3134 | From: Ramsey, MN  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sharon
Forum Regular
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sharon   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know where I read it but I thought you said last wk that you would make out a menu for us all to follow and see how we all did on it. But I can't find where or when you said that now. But I've been waiting for the menu and there hasn't been one so I can't say that I have made the same change as you have but I have started one of my own that a friend told me about yesterday. It has to do with taking SunRider products too. But one of the things she told me and Carol Evenson told me last Sun. night when she called was that we shouldn't eat very much animal meat or dairy foods. Carol has been to a fasting clinic in Calif. for two weeks now and they say that countries that are high on eating animal meat and dairy foods are the places where there is more heart diesaes, cancer, and osteoporosis. Mainly, now, because of the chemicals fed to the animals to faten them up quickly so the farmer and sell them faster and make more money. Also the way things are processed to prevent bad bacteria.
The lady who called me yesterday, was one our friends, said that they eat no sweets and I can't tell you right now why. I forgot. But she said when the body is balanced and is working the way that it was desined to that you will not want to eat sweets because of the feeling you get from them which proves that they are not good for you. Thats what I would like to change in my life because it is what is making my colestro high.
She said that if and when we eat meat it should be mixed in a casserole or soups.
Brown beans are one of their favoite foods with lots of protein but one needs to learn how to prepare them.
But she said that we will get protein for many of our vegs. Fruits are good for us but not alot to them in a day because they turn to sugar which makes the panceras work extra hard to diget them.
Theres alot to know and learn about being healthy but one needs to do their best to learn and try it.
A bread that she says that has lots of protein and no wheat which people tend to develope allergies to it Ezekiel bread made from sprouts is the bread that they eat. Its made from sprouts and has to be bought at a health store.
Just thought I'd share what I just learned. I did hear a lot of this before from reading health news letters from doctors etc.
Shes going to send me a video that she said would explain alot more of this and if any of you are interested in seeing it let me know. I haven't got it yet and she said that they were out of them right now and it might be April before I get it.
Like Sheryl said just keep trying and the more we work at it the easier it gets.
Another thing that I was going to mention was that I find that the Lean Cuisin and Healty Choice have good meals already measured out and they are good and if one ate one of those a day with a big veg salad once a day with our fruit that helps me to get a meal fast and not to over eat.
I need to go get me a scale the doctors needs a new battery and they never seem to put one in it and that is what I was using to watch how I was doing. I use to weigh every Tues. at the time I cleaned their bathrooms. Once a week is a good way to watch it.
Good luck as we have already said.
Sheryl you didn't say how you and Eric was doing. We need some more encouragement.

--------------------
Sharon Kay

Posts: 211 | From: Rochester, MN 55902  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good Luck and keep us up dated. We should set a chart on the site of what you need to eat this day or what exercise you need to do. This is what I had said, but I didn't get any response back from it so I didn't push it any further with Eric to make the chart.

We will have you read the book that I was reading so you can understand how we are doing it. Basically, try not to eat your carbs with fat/protien meals, because carbs turn into sugar before it gets digested for the reason it burns off the fat and protien first.

Three fruits a day isn't a lot and it is just enough to keep me full along with veggies three a day is perfect. I say eat everything in moderation. We have been getting a lot of poultry and fish instead of red meats. I think we now only have 1 or 2 red meats a week.

It took me 10 years to get to the weight that I'm currently at and I don't expect to lose it all until December 2001. I've heard that it takes one month for every year that it took you to gain as much as we have. So for me 10 months for 10 years.

It just takes time and education, but I don't have much patients that is the only way we will clearly understand it all is time....

--------------------
Sheryl

Eric
Webmaster
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eric   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry I didn't catch that one

I can work on that

--------------------
~ Eric

Posts: 1139 | From: Ramsey, Minnesota  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Suggestions for meals and any exercising program will, also, be welcomed. Just remember carbs are seperate from fat/protiens if you want to follow the same way of eating habits that we are trying to incorporate into our life.

--------------------
Sheryl

Sheleen
Grand Member
Member # 20

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheleen           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mom, give it to us a little at a time it's too much to read and digest at one time.
Posts: 1020 | From: Spicer, MN 56288  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How do you determine how much is too much and not enough? I feel that she just put down what she learned and did it before she lost it.

--------------------
Sheryl

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Faces

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To: