Toop.org Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Toop.org » What's Happening? » A New You » I've lost.....

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I've lost.....
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have lost 12 lbs! I've done it just by exercising 30 hr every other day, smaller portions, but many portions and water instead of kool aid or pop. It has taken awhile, but it has been well worth the wait. I have 30 lbs more that I would like to shed, but I am giving myself until next December to lose it all.

--------------------
Sheryl

Posts: 3134 | From: Ramsey, MN  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eric
Webmaster
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eric   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow I wish I could exercise 30 hours every other day. I wish I could have even 1 30 hour day a week heh heh heh

--------------------
~ Eric

Posts: 1139 | From: Ramsey, Minnesota  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL... 30 minutes is what I was trying to say...

--------------------
Sheryl

Eric
Webmaster
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eric   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I haven't lost anything yet, but I'm starting to understand this way of eating. What I'm missing is the key to any healthy way of living.... EXERCISE.

But soon I will have plenty of that too

--------------------
~ Eric

Posts: 1139 | From: Ramsey, Minnesota  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now that you've got the food thing down put the exercise with it and you will be doing the best things for your body you could ever do for yourself.

--------------------
Sheryl

Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Lost one more pound. I've started doing my walking in the a.m. before I go to work so that I can't make the excuse that I have other things to do instead. It has worked out good so far.

--------------------
Sheryl

Sharon
Forum Regular
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sharon   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm back to excerizing in the morning too. It means getting up at 4:30am to do it but if I don't I never get to. And I have not excerized all winter. But I am feeling it now too. I have been real good this week so far and hope to keep it up.

I have even been getting in my strength training in the afternoon twice this week. I hope to be able to do it again Fri and then I will have gotten in three times.

My friend Carol who has just gotten back from a health clinic in Calif. says that she was told that us older ladies, 40 and older should excerize 2hrs a week (walking fast or jogging lightly) and lift weights, strength train at least 40min. twice a wk. That 2hr. means at least 25 to 30min. a day. I had no idea we had to do that much. Well I'll try but not sure if I can do it every week.

--------------------
Sharon Kay

Posts: 211 | From: Rochester, MN 55902  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

That is because, exercising creates stronger bones. It will help eliminate osteoporosis along with calcium supplements and diet.

I like exercising in the a.m. because it gives me a boost of energy and I have a better attitude about myself. Feels like I accomplished so much already that early in the day. I, also, get up by 4:30, on the treadmill by 4:45, done by 5:15 in the shower and out of the bathroom between 5:45-6:00 a.m.

--------------------
Sheryl

Sharon
Forum Regular
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sharon   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thats the same schedule as mine. And I feel the same way. It energizes me to. But its hard to imagine it til you do it. I kept telling myself I needed the extra sleep to do all that I have to do but I was harming myself more than doing any good.

Glad that I've finally gotten on the right schedule now. Hope to keep it up to. Not so much for loosing weight but to keep my bones strong so I can keep from getting old before I should be.

We'll have to keep reminding each other of the benefits so we will keep encouraged.

--------------------
Sharon Kay

Posts: 211 | From: Rochester, MN 55902  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sharon
Forum Regular
Member # 15

I've been keeping up on my excerising and have lost 3lbs. But notice how my stomach is flatter and my clothes feel looser. I was told that I was turning my fat into muscle and wouldn't see in on the scale that I am loosing.

Last week the kids were on spring break so I didn't have to be up stairs til 7:30am so I got to sleep in an hour. But now this week they go back to school and I will have to be getting up at 4:30am to walk and since the day lights savings changed I have been really tired.

Something else I learned is that our bodies have to go through a big ajustment when seasons change and that is why we are so tired. There is a danielion root supplement that will help us ajust when we take it. Think I'm going to try it. I don't like being tired. To much to do and when I'm tired I don't feel like doing it.

But I am going to keep up my excerising because I know it has made me feel alot better since I started.

How you doing Sheryl? You been tired too?

--------------------
Sharon Kay

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Faces

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To: