Toop.org Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Toop.org » What's Happening? » A New You » Walking!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Walking!
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I started Monday walking on the treadmill. I'm going to do it three times a week for 1/2hr. Maria is even getting into it. After I'm was done she got on the treadmill and walked for 15 mins.

Yesterday we went for a walk to pick some leaves before supper along with a 3 mile bike ride after supper. I'm hoping I can keep more active. It feels good, but I've got to discipline myself to just do it rather than get distracted by other things I see that need to be done. Exercise comes first!

--------------------
Sheryl

Posts: 3134 | From: Ramsey, MN  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Walking isn't going so good.... I started out good, but the mornings are just so hard to get out of bed and the evenings get so busy with making and cleaning up after meals, playing with Maria & Colby, giving my attention to my husband and just a little relaxer before bed. The nights go by so fast.

I'll have to start it up again and keep on it.

--------------------
Sheryl

Posts: 3134 | From: Ramsey, MN  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vonnie
Grand Member
Member # 4

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vonnie           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know excatly what you are talking about. I keep saying I am going to start getting up an hour earlier to walk and ride my bike. It last about 2 days and than forgotten.

It is very important for me to start walking and riding my bike now that I am at Target. I need to get into better shape.

--------------------
Vonnie S. Toop

Posts: 1399 | From: Eau Claire, WI USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sharon
Forum Regular
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sharon   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been enjoying walking in the afternoon with the Drs. dog who also needs to walk. I started in Oct. noticed how nice it was outside and have gotten all the fall cleaning done for the doctors and the other people I clean for so I get in at least a half an hour walking at 2pm to 2:30pm and some times I even go till 3pm. But Bock the dog has long toenails and I'm afraid untill we get those clipped I would give him sore feet if I walked him very much. Although he really loves to go for a walk. I just have to say "Bock you want to go for a walk" and if hes inside he comes running and can't wait till I get the door open and he goes right where I put the leash, when were back. He holds his head just right so I can put it on. (That took some training, for some reason he always would put his head down so far I couldn't get it on. But now after waiting till he put his head up he puts it up right away.)
On Tues. Brice has french on the east side of town so while he is at french I walk around the Silver Lake where all of the geese live. I get in an hour walk then.
Last Wed. I didn't have a cleaning job because I had a dentist appointment so I called a friend whom I know likes to walk and asked her if she had time to come into town and walk with me along the river, that goes through down town. So she came and we walked an hour and half and talked all the time. I was really nice. And we got back just in time before it started to rain.
I'm fixing dinner today at Medas and some other friends are coming too and they like to walk so we plan on walking along the river together. We also will be playing scrabble with Meda. She can play a mean game of scrabble but its fun. And these people love to play it to.
Hope you all have a good day.

--------------------
Sharon Kay

Posts: 211 | From: Rochester, MN 55902  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Faces

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To: