Toop.org Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Toop.org » What's Happening? » A New You » I've lost!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I've lost!
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well I've finally lost some....1.4lbs! It seems like very little, but it wasn't all that hard to lose that. Meaning that what I ate I didn't deprive myself and I had another bad day last Saturday at my company Christmas party. So that is encouraging.

I'm headed in the right direction....

--------------------
Sheryl

Posts: 3134 | From: Ramsey, MN  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vonnie
Grand Member
Member # 4

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vonnie           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good for you. I just can't get going. With having this bad cold I am lucky if I have hardly anything to eat. Oh well one of these days I will get started.

--------------------
Vonnie S. Toop

Posts: 1399 | From: Eau Claire, WI USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks mom! It is actually life altering. I drink a lot of water...pee a lot! And I allow for one bad day a week. I've been drinking a lot more water this week and feel a difference in the way my cloths feel...a little bit more lose.

It is something that I've put to my mind and I want to succeed at. Not to just lose the weight but to also just learn to eat healther so that as I get older that I have less chances of getting ill and so that Maria or future children learn it so they don't struggle with the things we have. It is something that I have control of and something that I can do good for myself. It has to be a personal decision and once you make that choice there isn't anything that will get in your way.

Good luck to those that will and have made that decision. We can support each other...

--------------------
Sheryl

TheStu
Beginning Poster
Member # 31

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheStu   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good Job Sheryl.

The battle is mostly mental, and then mostly physical afterwards.

You may find that beating the mental makes the physical battle go by much easier. Also you will find that weight loss is residual - that is you may find that losing at first is difficult, but once you get into the habit, the weight will come off without much thought.

That is what I am finding out. I worked out religiously from August to November, then took a December break. I found that all the work I did paid off and that December I actually kept losing even though I didn't work out. What was the reason? I still had the mental battle in my mind, and was still devoted to many of my goals. (kinda like putting money away in a fund. It keeps growing, even if you stop putting money in it, at least that is the hope...)

These are just my thoughts on the subject.

Keep working hard. You are not alone.

--------------------
----
First say to yourself what you would be; then do what you have to do. -Epictetus

Be faithful to that which exists within yourself. -Andre Gide

Posts: 2 | From: Eagan  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Thanks for the encouragement! It'll help me along.

--------------------
Sheryl

Sharon
Forum Regular
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sharon   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I haven't posted yet that I have gone back to Weight Watchers. I am a life time member from 20 yrs ago. I have gained bacj 18 lbs since then mainly because I didn't stay on the life style that I had gained when I was on it.

I started last Mon. at 148lbs and weighed in tonight at 142lbs. I could hardly believe it. I lost my started book to tell what the points were and this is new to me because we didn't have points back when I went but I just kind of guessed and ate three meals and less then I have been.

Made that pizza that is posted on the website. I liked it but thought that the crust was to thick but then figured that is what made it so filling.

I've found some new desserts that only count 1 point and that is what is my biggest problem. I like my sweets to much. But if I can find something like this it helps.

It was 2tbs of cool whip on two choc graham crackers and freeze. Like ice cream bars.

Like as our friend has said if we put our minds to it it will all come off. I was where you are Sheryl when I first started and it took my just three months I think to get it off. But I not only was taking care of turkeys I was walking 4 miles outside each day. That is what really helped. I walked around the section where we lived. In an hour.

I know when I fix my mind on some thing it works but I have to fix it in my mind first.

Good Luck and just keep it up.

--------------------
Sharon Kay

Posts: 211 | From: Rochester, MN 55902  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Congratulations, Mom!

That is great!

I've been drinking a lot of water lately and I'm hoping that helps me out a lot this week. If I lose the 40 lbs that I want to in 3 months I would be estatic, but I'm setting my goal to at least reaching it by next year this time. If sooner that would be excellent!

I have found that we have a wider range of food variety rather than the same old, same old. I haven't tried the graham cracker snack yet. We did try the fat & sugar free choc & vanilla dessert...1/2 cup each with 2T of cool whip for 3 points and that is great! The skinny cows, ice cream bars you can find at cub, for 2 points. They look like a round ice cream bar in a long round container...clear. Variety pack...choc & vanilla. They are big and thick...excellent. I'll buy some more for this weekend so you can see what they are when you come.

I've, also, have found the I eat a lot of raw veggies with my meals...0 points! Seems to help fill me up even more.

I've been trying to keep active and that I feel will fall in place as I keep losing. At least 3 times a week.

Together we will make it a life changing experience.

--------------------
Sheryl

Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

There goes another 1.6lbs!

Yeah!

So a total of 3lbs since I started Dec 26th. On average 1lb a week. The slower the better they say, because it will more than likely stay off once I get to my goal. If I keep going at this rate I should meet my goal by next November.

--------------------
Sheryl

Vonnie
Grand Member
Member # 4

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Vonnie           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am glad to hear you lost again. GOOD JOB! But now that you are on the right track, don't be discouraged if you don't lose one week. You are doing good.

--------------------
Vonnie S. Toop

Posts: 1399 | From: Eau Claire, WI USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Thanks for the encouragement!

--------------------
Sheryl

Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

"Another one down and another one down and another one bites the dust!" Another pound shed this week. Little by little I'm getting there. I didn't drink as much water this week and I think that is why I didn't do my usually 1 1/2 lbs, but I'm happy with that one pound.

--------------------
Sheryl

Vonnie
Grand Member
Member # 4

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Vonnie           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You are doing it the way it should be done. Keep up the good work and keep us informed.

--------------------
Vonnie S. Toop

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Faces

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To: