Toop.org Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Toop.org » What's Happening? » A New You » Weight Watchers

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Weight Watchers
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've decided to break down and give them a try. I think I've been in denial long enough and find it is time to take control now before it gets too out of hand that I don't even know where to begin. My goal is to lose at least 30, but 40 would be my ideal weight.

Join me in the little journey and if I have any good tips I'll pass them on to everyone that is interested. They have a great website....check the forum about "Website of Interest" to find the address to them.

--------------------
Sheryl

Posts: 3134 | From: Ramsey, MN  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vonnie
Grand Member
Member # 4

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vonnie           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I will join you but I am not even going to try until after Christmas. For my health I have to loss weight and stop smoking. I know I can't do them both at the same time, but I have to start some place.

Maybe we can get Connie to join us also. Connie has done it before and did a good job. She can give us a lot of hints.

--------------------
Vonnie S. Toop

Posts: 1399 | From: Eau Claire, WI USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So you're going to join weight watchers also? That would be great! Eric is going to do the same. We are both going to do it during work so that we don't have to take away from our evenings.

There is a Weight Watchers meeting on Wednesday's at the church across from work at 11:30-12:30. So those days I'll just eat at my desk and go to work early.

We have to do at least 3 days of 30 min exercise...be it walking the treadmill, stationary bike or some aerobic video.

Good luck to everyone!

--------------------
Sheryl

Vonnie
Grand Member
Member # 4

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vonnie           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is Eric going to go to meeting also or is he just going to read what you bring home? According to Connie it is really easier now than years ago. You can eat almost everything.

I get hung up on the planning of my meals and getting my fruit in. I so often just eat whatever when I get home at night and at work. But with weight watchers, I will have to learn to do more planning.

Did you already start?

--------------------
Vonnie S. Toop

Posts: 1399 | From: Eau Claire, WI USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

I think that he is going to find one that is not far from work. I believe he knows where just has to find the day and times. Once we get the point system down I think we will just go once a month to weight in and get new ideas.

That is the key they say to keeping on track with losing and maintaining weight...is planning. They say if you plan then you're less likly to faulter. Not saying you won't have a bad day or two once in awhile, but less likely often....if that makes any since. It is a hard one to do, but doable in time.

Like we say at work "one sheet at a time" we will alter it to say "one pound at a time."

--------------------
Sheryl

Vonnie
Grand Member
Member # 4

I am confused. If Eric joins he has to pay for every week whether he goes or not right? Are you a life time member Sheryl?

--------------------
Vonnie S. Toop

Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Per a co-worker of mine. She says there is two plans. One where you pay $9.95 each week whether you are there or not which is what she does. And she said that there is another plan where you pay more but only comes when you want. She can't remember the $, but that is the second time I've heard that. Depending on how much more it cost I like the pay when you are there deal.

--------------------
Sheryl

Shannon
Member # 19

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shannon           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was on W.W. too and it really works. It's much better the way it's done. The website is great for getting tips and recipes.

There is two plans as to how to pay. One is you pay every wk weither you go or not. The other one is you pay (of course more) to go when you want What you and Eric could do,being your both doing it,is Eric goes one wk and you go the other week. It would be cheaper and you'll still get the help from each other as to what was said at the mtgs. Each place has the same topic-I think!

Also there are times where you can join free! A free registration-which is extra. Call to find out or find out on the website for the free joining. That's when i joined. There is also The At work program. Was that what you were talking about?

Good luck! And maybe after the 1st of the yr I'll start up again(on my own) I know what to do but need the motivation!!

--------------------
Shannon

Posts: 533 | From: Wausau Wi USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheStu
Beginning Poster
Member # 31

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheStu   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello, This is TheStu and this is my first post on your board. (Kudos to Eric, btw.) I have been a 'lurker', but today I decided to try it out for myself.

I have been reading about your Weight loss topic, and I would like to know more details. I am probably not able to do WeightWatchers because of some restrictions in my diet, but I am on a diet plan that has been working pretty well for me.

I can/will share more about my own struggles perhaps over time. (This last year I have lost 12 pant sizes and my goal is to lose 12 more!)

I am curious to know more from Eric himself. Is he actually going? What are his thoughts? When I used to work for WorldTrak with Eric, I got a great deal for joining up with NorthWest Raquetball Club, and that has been a great thing for me.

When January is here, I will be going to the gym on an almost daily basis.

Anyway, please keep me informed with any tips you get at the WW. I hope that is a positive experience for you.

And

Merry Christmas (one day after)

--------------------
----
First say to yourself what you would be; then do what you have to do. -Epictetus

Be faithful to that which exists within yourself. -Andre Gide

Posts: 2 | From: Eagan  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shannon
Member # 19

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shannon           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just received a free registration in the mail.
There is also a $1 off on each wk program.8.95 per wk. There is also a at home program. and the at work program. The ww magazine is a great magazine too-9.95 for 1 yr subsc

Check out the ww web site for interesting recipes to try out. Desserts spelled backwards also spells "stressed" but not ww desserts.

[ December 26, 2001: Message fixed by: we5andjj ]

--------------------
Shannon

Posts: 533 | From: Wausau Wi USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Well it has been a full day that I've been on WW's. I didn't realize how much I had been eating until now. It is my determination that will keep me on this, because I want to be healthier and think more positive of myself. My goal is to lose 40 lbs and if it takes me a full year that is what I'll do. I don't want to put a time limit on it, because I know the slower it comes off the more likely it'll stay off.

Thestu....is there going to be anything left of you if you lose another 12 pants sizes? What was it that made you decide to take the first step to losing and what keeps you motivated?

Any ideas, suggestions or shared experinces are more than welcomed. I'll let you know next week Wednesday if I lost anything the first week....being that I started at a dumb time...right after Christmas. Might have been more wise to do it after the fist of the year. Oh well I'll just give it my best.

--------------------
Sheryl

Stacy
Forum Regular
Member # 27

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stacy   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One of the ladies that I work with at Ryan, joined through the intranet and didn't go to meetings. She lost 20 lbs in 3 months!

It does the same but you don't have to go to meetings. That is what my problem was, I never had time to go to the meetings. The only downfall of doing it on the intranet is that you can cheat and you don't get all the little goodies that they had out at the meetings. But if you don't like the meetings or have time, the intranet is a good way to go too.

Posts: 417 | From: Mpls  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

I'm on my third day of Weight Watchers and the food thing is getting much better. Learning some food items that are zero points that help me hold over to each meal. The only thing is getting in the 5 fruits/veggies. That is one thing that I've found that I lack in my diet.

I went grocery shopping yesterday and looked at a lot of the foods that we have been eating and wooooooooow! I didn't realize how much calories were in a lot of the things we ate. Example: Mac & cheese in the box in 1/4 of a cup was 410 calories, 7 grams of fat and 1 gram of fiber....on my calculation table I got from weight watchers....it is off the charts. So no more of that for me for awhile!

I have been getting in at least 1/2 hour of treadmill each day. Today, though I did put in a full hour being that we are home and had the time. Think I'll try that for the next three days just to get a jump on it all. I'm going to start taping ESPN, because they have a lot of exercise programs on during the a.m. so then I can have more variety and not get bored of it all.

--------------------
Sheryl

Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

My first week I didn't lose or I didn't gain. I was satisfied with that being that I went during the holiday season. I ate a ton of cookies yesterday so I was pleased at least I hadn't gained.

I've only missed one day of exercise and at least 40 mins long at a time. So I'm pleased and just hoping that it keeps going smooth.

--------------------
Sheryl

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Faces

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To: