Toop.org Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Toop.org » What's Happening? » A New You » 5 lbs down!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 5 lbs down!
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well I finally made it to the 5 lb marker. I've made my first goal! It took me only 5 weeks. That sounds like a long time, but it really went fast. I figure if I keep at the pace that I have been then by Maria's birthday party I'll be almost 12 lbs down.

I like Connie's illustration of my weight loss...Good Job!!! If I added right you've lost 4 lbs That is a can of Crisco and a pound of butter. Thanks for the encouragement!

--------------------
Sheryl

Posts: 3134 | From: Ramsey, MN  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheleen
Grand Member
Member # 20

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheleen           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great Job, Sheryl! I went to the doc yesterday for my annual check-up and he would like to see me loss 25 lbs by next annual check-up. I'll have to look into weightwatchers around here. Keep it up you'll be glad you did!
Posts: 1020 | From: Spicer, MN 56288  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Weight Watchers has been the best thing that I did. I love the point system and the funny thing is that now I look at food in a different way. A candy bar is 8 points and you decide is that # of points worth wasting on a candy bar. Maybe, you could find a night that you and Vonnie could go together and be each others support system.

Here is a few place in your area... Willmar Junior High School
201 Willmar Avenue Se
WILLMAR, MN 56201
Mon 5:30 p.m.

St Marys Catholic Church-willmar
713 Sw 12th Street
WILLMAR, MN 56201
Thur 5:30p.m.

Browns Valley Public Library
15 Third Street South
BROWNS VALLEY, MN 56219
Thur 7:00 p.m.

According to the website it still is free registration. Check out the website... www.weightwatchers.com

I bring all my info so that you can see it and we can talk more about it on Sunday.

[ January 31, 2002: Message fixed by: Sheryl ]

--------------------
Sheryl

Shannon
Member # 19

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shannon           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How you doing on WW? I need to get myself in a routine or mood before i can start WW. I did it last yr and lost 15lbs and gained it back since Oct. It always goes on easier than it comes off!!

How are the mtgs? Getting any helpful suggests? We should add each wk suggesets that help ourselves to pass on that might help others. What you think?

--------------------
Shannon

Posts: 533 | From: Wausau Wi USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Well I've continued to lose each week. Today I weighed in thinking I was going to gain and I lost 2.2lbs! It is the most I've lost at one time. I didn't do anything different this week then last. I do drink a lot of water! I haven't exercise, but feel when I start that it will come off much faster.

I'm religious about doing my journal. I should right down what I learn, because the lady doing our class has a lot of good tips. I tend to forget them a few days later. I do tell Eric all of them maybe he can post and tell you what he remembers me telling him. The lady has a lot of little stories the encourage you.

Example; A little boy & his dad were biking. They were going up & down hills, but the boy would keep peddling when he would go down the hill. His dad noticed this and told him he could just coast to the bottom. He said if I did that then it would be harder to get back up the next hill, because if I keep peddling then it makes it easier going up the next hill. So the moral of the story is that you can't stop doing the steps to losing weight, because then it'll be harder to get started again. I keep thinking about this and hope I can stick to it like I have been.

It does seem that the weight comes on faster then it is to come off. Got to keep on top of it.

--------------------
Sheryl

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Faces

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To: