Toop.org Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Toop.org » What's Happening? » A New You » Walking (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic is comprised of pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Walking
Eric
Webmaster
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eric   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
On Tuesday of this week I started Walking here at work. (since I have a nice big downtown to walk around)

I walked about 1.5 miles that day.

Today I walked about 2.5 miles. As I was leaving a coworker that started the same day as me was going for a walk to... So she went with me. As we came back 2 other coworkers were coming back from lunch. Next time they said they would like to come with.

Sure you have to stop at the street lights...but it is still a good walk. I figure 2.5 miles every other day should do me some good. Don't you think?

[ October 18, 2002, 10:19 AM: Message fixed by: Eric ]

--------------------
~ Eric

Posts: 1139 | From: Ramsey, Minnesota  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vonnie
Grand Member
Member # 4

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Vonnie           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes any kind of walking would be better than none at all. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Vonnie S. Toop

Posts: 1399 | From: Eau Claire, WI USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Haven't heard much about anymore walking. Are you still walking? You seemed to be on a roll there for a week and seemed pretty pump about it. Hope your keeping up the good work of walking.

Like your mom said...any kind of walk would be better than nothing. [Cool]

--------------------
Sheryl

Posts: 3134 | From: Ramsey, MN  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eric
Webmaster
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eric   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Funny you posted this... I just saw it....you posted at 12:20 pm and I left for a walk at 12:30 pm [Smile] Walked down the St. Anthony Falls.

There were a lot of people walking down there.......Cool walking area, it goes over the St. Anthony lock and damn. Pretty cool site. I think I need to bring Sheryl and Maria down here. I went a different way there so I went down and up a couple of pretty good hills. Good for me though!

Since I didn't know where the heck I was going I didn't walk to the other side of the Mississippi River. Maybe tomorrow.

I think I need to start wearing sweatshirt at lunch time....Get a little sweaty... We have showers here so I could always shower after words too

--------------------
~ Eric

Posts: 1139 | From: Ramsey, Minnesota  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheleen
Grand Member
Member # 20

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheleen           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great Job, Eric! [Cool] To walk and sweat it a good thing. [Thumbs Up] Just those walk will help a great deal! Keep it up! When we see you at Thanksgiving you probably have lost a few pounds.
Posts: 1020 | From: Spicer, MN 56288  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eric
Webmaster
Member # 2

Today was a chilly day... but I had fun. Walked my downtown route again... some modifications.... but I did walk down to Nicollet Mall again... nice distance.

I need to get some ear muffs I think...found some nice ones at Kohls but they were like 19.99. Target here I come [Smile]

--------------------
~ Eric

Sheleen
Grand Member
Member # 20

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheleen           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ear muffs? [Embarrassed] How about a head band or a stocking hat. Might look better. Ear muffs stick out to much! [Razz] [Wink] Glad to hear your still walking. I tried to get back in it but I keep getting blisters on the back of my ankles! [Cry Smiley]
Posts: 1020 | From: Spicer, MN 56288  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Glad to see your motivation. Now if I could get some of that to do some exercising while I'm pg to make it easier to lose afterwards.

Sheleen are you wearing tennie shoes or regular shoes? I've never heard of blisters on the back of your ankles. Hope that it gets better.

--------------------
Sheryl

Eric
Webmaster
Member # 2

Today I walked over the Stone Arch Bridge to the other side of the Mississippi River.

I brought my camera with too so I can show everyone what I am looking at [Smile]

As I was coming back I thought... Why not swing around the Metro Dome quick... and I did. I'll keep stretching my walk as far as I can.

I think I've got this thing into a habit now. I even brought a change of shirts [Smile]

Hey this walking thing is kind of fun [Smile]

--------------------
~ Eric

Eric
Webmaster
Member # 2

Headband? No way... I'd look like I was from the 80's. [Whatchutalkingabout Smile]

I'm not talking the big fluffy ear muffs with leapord skin look to them. I"m talking about Ear muffs that go from ear to ear...on the back bottom of your head. They are about 1/4 inch thick and no one would even realize they were on you [Smile] I'll try to find a picture for you

--------------------
~ Eric

Eric
Webmaster
Member # 2

Today I was determined to Walk to the Target Store in downtown MPLS. I was told it was too far to walk to for lunch. So I made it my goal to do it. Well I didn't look at the map before I left. I figured that I could get there on my own... I knew the general vicinity. Well as you can see by the blue lines... I missed the darn store by 1 block.(red circle) GRRRRrrrrr (that was the miss)

But I did over shoot it...so I ended up with a nice 3 mile walk in 45 minutes. (my Hit)

Next time I have to start out by stretching.... by the time I was 2 blocks west of the Metro dome my left leg was killing me... I would hit the pavement and my leg would just throb.... so I sat on a bench and twisted my ankle and stretched my lower legs to loosen them up.... then about 2 blocks later it was pretty good.... But for those first few blocks I thought I was going to have to stop at the Hennepin County Medical Center to get help... it was hurting good!

So since I missed the store... Monday my goal it to stop there and walk around the store. I don't have anything I need to get...but it is a good goal.

Have you done any good walking lately? I've started to make it my goal of walking Monday, wednesday, and Friday's at work. So far I've only stuck to that schedule for 2 weeks. But I can do it!
 -

--------------------
~ Eric

Vonnie
Grand Member
Member # 4

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vonnie           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You are doing good!

Keep it up but don't try to do to much or go too far because you are going to get tired of it fast.

I enjoyed the map. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Vonnie S. Toop

Posts: 1399 | From: Eau Claire, WI USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

I've started doing some walking tapes. They are really easy then helps just keep those muscles working and limber. Vonnie these might be some that you would like because they are very low impact and you basically just walk in place.

I'm going to do it every other day to keep some type of exercise in my routine and to keep some what fit.

--------------------
Sheryl

Stacy
Forum Regular
Member # 27

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Stacy   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That map looks like my bus route! Ha!

That was a long walk there Eric. No wonder why your leg hurt. [Whatchutalkingabout Smile]

What's it like trying to get around all those people who are out walking the streets at that time? Some people aren't in a hurry during that time so they sometimes get in your way! At least I found it that way. [Mad]

Posts: 417 | From: Mpls  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheleen
Grand Member
Member # 20

Eric, are you still walking on your breaks?
  This topic is comprised of pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Faces

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To: