Toop.org Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Toop.org » What's Happening? » A New You » Why slow weight loss wins

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Why slow weight loss wins
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
René is no stranger to waiting. While she was working toward her weight goal and Lifetime Membership with Weight Watchers Meetings, it became pretty clear pretty fast that her weight loss would be slow.

She worked toward her goal for a year and two months, losing less than one pound per week, on average, the entire time. Her determination paid off, though, because she did meet her goal. Then she gained some of the weight back. This time, it's coming off even more slowly.

René, who now subscribes to Weight Watchers eTools in addition to going to Meetings, isn't fazed. She's simply had to come to terms with the fact that she loses weight slowly. "If I allow it to be discouraging, it will," she says. "But I refuse to give up. Whenever I feel like I might, I ask myself if I'm willing to live with the alternative to slow weight loss, which would be regaining all that I lost, and possibly more.

"That gets me back on track every time," she says.

--------------------
Sheryl

Posts: 3134 | From: Ramsey, MN  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Faces

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To: