Toop.org Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Toop.org » What's Happening? » A New You » Why slow weight loss lasts

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Why slow weight loss lasts
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"I'm glad my weight loss was slow for me because I feel like I really have made lifestyle changes," says Lyn, a Meetings member. "I just keep at it. I continue to see slow progress but overall a great deal of success. Slowly but surely the weight comes off."

It's that kind of "through thick and thin" attitude that will take people from thick to thin for good, says Mandel. Losing weight slowly isn't just healthier, she says, it's a better investment. Not only are you shaving pounds, you're working on building habits that you'll be able to maintain. And those habits will help you maintain the weight you lost, so you can stay at your weight goal for good.

"Plus, you have more energy to live life in the present, because you're not starving and focusing on food," says Mandel. "You're creating a healthy relationship with food, so food will become your friend rather than your enemy." That's the key to lifelong success.

Maintain a Positive Attitude
All that said, Cindy, a subscriber to Weight Watchers Online, isn't exactly glad she loses weight slowly. "Thankful might be a better word for it," she says. "At least I'm losing and not gaining."

Cindy has also held on during slow losses by maintaining a positive attitude: "I know this Plan is something I can stick with for the rest of my life. It's definitely not a 'diet' that I'll go off for a long period of time. It's a lifetime commitment."

--------------------
Sheryl

Posts: 3134 | From: Ramsey, MN  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Faces

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To: