Toop.org Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Toop.org » What's Happening? » A New You » Exercise

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Exercise
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I watch Monday's Oprah yesterday and that was an eye opener. Exercise is one of the keys to losing weight and keeping it off. She had a 12 week boot camp for 4 of her employees. In that 12 weeks they lost a combined weight of 88 lbs. That is about 20 lbs a piece. So I'm going to try it myself.

She had other people on there that lost 500, 160 and 80 lbs. If they can do it then anyone can.

This a.m. I was up at 4:15 walking and running on the treadmill. It felt good to sweat away the lbs. Now just to do that every a.m. and a little something in the evening for a couple of days might get me to my goal. Plus you need to try to cut out all white carbs. That one might be a little harder. I like my potatoes!! Maybe once in awhile.

Want to join me on this boot camp? Go visit http://www2.oprah.com/index.jhtml and read more about it. [Thumbs Up] [Thumbs Up]

[ February 18, 2005, 04:54 AM: Message fixed by: Sheryl ]

--------------------
Sheryl

Posts: 3134 | From: Ramsey, MN  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I skipped exercising yesterday a.m. and I sure felt a difference. I was much more tired all day and less productive. Another reason exercise is very important!! [Light Bulb]

--------------------
Sheryl

Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

It is defintely the exercise that keeps me very alert during the day, but when 8-9p.m. come I'm out like a light... [Cool] Eric probably doesn't like that because he doesn't get much time with me. Maybe, by the next couple of weeks I won't be so tired in the evening.

Maria is getting into this exercising to... [Thumbs Up] Hayden joins in when we do an evening exercise. I love to see his coordination.... [Big Grin]

--------------------
Sheryl

Connie
Member # 48

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Connie           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mike watched the show and was inspired to start a regular exercise program. He taped it for me but I haven't seen it. I need a good shot in the arm. It all comes down to making a personal choice. I will have to check out the website. Thanks for sending it on.
Posts: 47 | From: Green Bay  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

I've been exercising for 2 weeks for at least 3 days each week and I've lost 1 1/2 pounds. So I'll be keeping that up. [Thumbs Up]

--------------------
Sheryl

korgecl
Member # 45

Icon 1 posted      Profile for korgecl           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am going to WEight Watchers again. I have lost just under 5 lb. No loss last week. Just getting an exercise program in place. I was out of town for two weeks and that slowed me up. Last night I did 20 minutes on the elliptical trainer and this morning I did 20 minutes of weights. I will do the elliptical again after an evening conference call.
If I exercise too late in the evening, it keeps me awake. Disgusting.
Lack of exercise is a bigger problem to me that what I eat. I think.

Posts: 53 | From: Green Bay office  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vonnie
Grand Member
Member # 4

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vonnie           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Consumers Report, that we just received at work, has Weight Watchers as the top best diet. Slim Fast I think was second. I didn't read the whole article. I will have to read it and get back to you on this subject.

--------------------
Vonnie S. Toop

Posts: 1399 | From: Eau Claire, WI USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Faces

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To: