Toop.org Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Toop.org » What's Happening? » Construction Zone » Work on the house

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Work on the house
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We won't need help with the house as far as the work inside. The only thing that we are doing, Eric is doing, is putting up shelving units in our closets and the cable work.

We decided the amount of money that it would save us wasn't worth our sanity and our time spent with our kids. I already feel that we neglect them a little more than we would like with the process of packing and moving what we have been doing to the storage unit.

Stacy has offered to babysit when we need to do some moving. Right now we have things all planned that we shouldn't need her too much.

Things are clipping along.

--------------------
Sheryl

Posts: 3134 | From: Ramsey, MN  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eric
Webmaster
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eric   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well on of my tasks has been completed well 90%. This weekend, Dustin and I installed the cable boxes in the house. We ran 11 lines through the house. Now if the construction comany would have done 11 boxes it would have cost me $550.

But since I did it myself, I get a $150 credit on our account (150 is for 3 outlets they would have done)

Materials cost me maybe $200 bucks but I didn't go a cheap route. I put conduit in the house so that I can always add a phone line, a Network line, etc to any room in the house. (except for the bathrooms) [Smile]

It was lot of work but we did it in about 1 1/2 days... and that includes about 4 trips each to Menards and Home Depot [Smile]

Now I have it just the way I want it [Smile]

--------------------
~ Eric

Posts: 1138 | From: Ramsey, Minnesota  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vonnie
Grand Member
Member # 4

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vonnie           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good work guys.

I am so glad that Dustin was able to help you. He was so excited about coming to your house and than helping you with the house. He feels so good when he can help some one do something.

Glad to hear you got it pretty much done.

--------------------
Vonnie S. Toop

Posts: 1399 | From: Eau Claire, WI USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Faces

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To: