Toop.org Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Toop.org » What's Happening? » Construction Zone » House completion (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic is comprised of pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: House completion
Sheleen
Grand Member
Member # 20

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Sheleen           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The house looks like it is coming along pretty fast! [Thumbs Up] Do you suppose they'll be done before the schedule date? [Cool] It looks very nice and it'll be so fun to come see you and the house. Hoping they keep up the fast work!!!! [Thumbs Up]
Posts: 1020 | From: Spicer, MN 56288  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vonnie
Grand Member
Member # 4

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vonnie           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you for the wonderful pictures of the progress of the house. It is fun to see.

They are going really fast right now. But I suppose it just seems like that because you can really see what they are doing. I suppose when they get to smaller, more time comsuming jobs, it wouldn't seem like it is going very fast.

Once again, thanks for the pictures. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Vonnie S. Toop

Posts: 1399 | From: Eau Claire, WI USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vonnie
Grand Member
Member # 4

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vonnie           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hope before you move the computer, you can show us what they have done to the house in the time that you were gone. Or maybe the computer could be one of the first things hooked up. LOL [Wink]

Just kidding of course, you have much more important things to do than sit at your computer. [Cry Smiley]

We will be waiting for updates when you have time. [Surprised Smiley]

--------------------
Vonnie S. Toop

Posts: 1399 | From: Eau Claire, WI USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well when we got back from our vacation they had all the brick up and part of the siding was up. Thursday night they had sprayed the ceiling with the texture. Last night we went and the doors, window frames had been delivered.

They probably will be done long before our closing date, but we can't move in before Sept 30th. They always schedule things so that there is 3 weeks where it sets empty just to make sure that the things they need to change or correct are done long before we move in. We are going to see if it would be possible to move our stuff in the garage a few days prior to closing just so we don't have so much things to do on Sept 30th.

September 30 is our closing date, we have to be out of our apartment, I believe, by noon that day and we will be moving things to the house. It would be nice to have most everything in our storage unit if not everything and from our apartment move to our house the day prior.

It will all work out in the end.

--------------------
Sheryl

Posts: 3134 | From: Ramsey, MN  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eric
Webmaster
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eric   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Garage doors are in...furnace/air conditioning is in and working, cabinets for the kitchen, bathrooms and closets have been delivered.

Interior doors have been delivered but they are the wrong ones. They delivered hollow doors and we ordered solid doors.

Box frames for the windows have been delivered, ceiling has been texturized, fire place is in, Walls have been sanded.

The front fiber cement board is about 95% complete.. just the sides of the doorway and the sofit of the double garage need to be finished.

I have to deliver the Dishwasher tomorrow and sears will be delivering the Microwave.

Our house is turning into a house.... Now things will start to slow down.

Our final walk through is August 30th right now and our closing isn't until Sept 30th.... So they are looking into that...usually there isn't a full month between them.

We are really getting more and more excited as the days go by... I know that is hard to imagine

--------------------
~ Eric

Posts: 1138 | From: Ramsey, Minnesota  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheleen
Grand Member
Member # 20

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheleen           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We went to look at the progress last night and WOW! Were we surprise by what it already completed! We are even getting exicted for you! You're going to love all that room you have and to have everything on one level. We are happy for you.
Posts: 1020 | From: Spicer, MN 56288  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vonnie
Grand Member
Member # 4

I love the house pictures. Thanks for sharing with us.

The house is really coming together. I bet you get excited every time you go out there as things keep getting done. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Vonnie S. Toop

Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes....it makes us more anxious every time and we wish it was going faster so we can get in and settled. Can't go fast enough, but it will be here sooner than we know.

--------------------
Sheryl

Posts: 3134 | From: Ramsey, MN  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eric
Webmaster
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eric   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tonight we went out there... Nothing [Frown] We were ready for the final trim to be up... They thought they would have it finished last Thursday [Big Grin]

--------------------
~ Eric

Posts: 1138 | From: Ramsey, Minnesota  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vonnie
Grand Member
Member # 4

What a bummer when you think something is going to be done. [Confused]

--------------------
Vonnie S. Toop

Vonnie
Grand Member
Member # 4

On the picture with the railing you could sorta see that the cabinets in the utility room are in also. I didn't know they were there. Are the vanities in the bathrooms than too? How is the kitchen cabinets coming along?

--------------------
Vonnie S. Toop

Eric
Webmaster
Member # 2

All the cabinets are in their places.

I didn't have the camera with me tonigth, so I have to go out in the morning.

But everything is stained now!!!! It looks amazing. Sheryl and the kids didn't go out becuase of the recent days of nothing really happening... So now she is really pumped to go out tomorrow night [Big Grin]

--------------------
~ Eric

Vonnie
Grand Member
Member # 4

Isn't that just the way things go. You go out one day and nothing is done, so of course you go the next day and again nothing is done.

So I can see why she wasn't excited to run out there tonight. What a bummer that this was the day that stuff was done. Well she can be excited all day tomorrow just thinking about going and seeing her house. It should be an exciting day for her. I hope she get some work done! [Wink] LOL

Don't forget your camera! [Light Bulb]

--------------------
Vonnie S. Toop

Vonnie
Grand Member
Member # 4

Well the staining looks really nice. How many coats so they put on?

Your new house is closer and closer to getting done. [Whatchutalkingabout Smile]

I haven't hear anything about living in the apartment! Is it going okay or good or what? [Wink]

--------------------
Vonnie S. Toop

Eric
Webmaster
Member # 2

2nd coat went on today... I know it was more than 1 [Smile] Not sure how many they are doing....

--------------------
~ Eric

This topic is comprised of pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Faces

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To: