Toop.org Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Toop.org » What's Happening? » Construction Zone » House completion (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic is comprised of pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: House completion
Vonnie
Grand Member
Member # 4

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vonnie           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are they putting dry wall on the basement also or is that something you are going to do?

--------------------
Vonnie S. Toop

Posts: 1399 | From: Eau Claire, WI USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dana rae
Member # 12

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dana rae           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow it looks great. I cant wait till we get to build our dream home.....IM MANY YEARS. But I am happy with what I got, at least I have a place to call my own...I love it guys!! [Smile]

--------------------
~!*Dana Rae*!~

Posts: 91 | From: willmar  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eric
Webmaster
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eric   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No drywall in the basement. Typically there are 2 ways that construction company's insulate basements.

1) They build the concrete wall and then add Styrofoam insulation to the outside wall, seal it and then back fill the dirt. Then in the inside they do nothing, you just have the exposed concrete wall.

2) They build the concrete wall, seal it, and then back fill the dirt. Then in the inside they add a layer of plastic, build 2x4 walls, insulate it with regular insulation, and then they seal it with another layer of plastic.

The 2nd is what our contractor does. If water does penetrate the exterior wall it hits the plastic sheathing and will run down that to the drainage tile. So it shouldn't ever hit the drywall.

I've read online about both and they said that no one way is wrong or better. But the thing I like about the 2nd way is that the 2x4's are there and ready for me to slap up drywall when ever I want. I don't have to worry about building thoses walls [Smile]

--------------------
~ Eric

Posts: 1138 | From: Ramsey, Minnesota  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eric
Webmaster
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eric   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well the end if finally coming.... The end of the construction and the beginning of our new home. They have 11 days left. August 31st we do our final walk through... I would think we would have another one before closing to make sure things were fixed.

We finally ordered a new frig on Thursday, our first one ended up being too big (depth wise that is)

But we found a frig that we will love just as much.

All the hardware is on the cabinets, doors are on, I've hung the ceiling fans, the closets are done, all the outlet covers are on, the Granite center island is installed.

Basically all that I can see that is left is the carpet and then the touch up work.

Sheryl and I are really getting excited now. We are so close.

--------------------
~ Eric

Posts: 1138 | From: Ramsey, Minnesota  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vonnie
Grand Member
Member # 4

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vonnie           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can tell the 2 of you are getting excited.

It will be fun to put things away. Especially since you planned ahead of time what you wanted and what was going where. [Big Grin] [Razz]

--------------------
Vonnie S. Toop

Posts: 1399 | From: Eau Claire, WI USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tonight we took a quick run out and found that our carpet was in, the basement walls were getting insulated as we were there and the drive way is ready for the black top. No it really is getting exciting because it is starting to look more and more like our house...... [Smile]

--------------------
Sheryl

Posts: 3134 | From: Ramsey, MN  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dana rae
Member # 12

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dana rae           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey!! WOW the house looks wonderfull, I cant wait for the day that me and Zachary get to have our dream home!!! It'll be some time though... =)
I Love it and cant wait to come visit!!

--------------------
~!*Dana Rae*!~

Posts: 91 | From: willmar  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vonnie
Grand Member
Member # 4

Eric & Sheryl your house looks just GREAT. [Thumbs Up] [Thumbs Up] [Thumbs Up]

I bet you can't wait to move into it.

--------------------
Vonnie S. Toop

Sheleen
Grand Member
Member # 20

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheleen           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Eric and Sheryl! I love your house it looks gorgeous inside and out! [Cool] What color is the house it looks like a sage on the website is it? [Thumbs Up] I like the color and the white makes it look so sharp! Great Job you have done with it all!
Posts: 1020 | From: Spicer, MN 56288  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eric
Webmaster
Member # 2

The color of course is a Toop (taupe) color [Smile] It is matched to our siding, which is natural clay. Now we just need grass....but that is going in after we move in....

8 Days and then it is ours!!!

--------------------
~ Eric

Stacy
Forum Regular
Member # 27

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stacy   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can say it looks wonderful as I have had the opportunity to go in it and see everything in real life. It even looks better in real life. Excited for you all, hope you enjoy it. Can't wait until your all settled - next Sunday!! [Big Grin] [Thumbs Up]
Posts: 417 | From: Mpls  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eric
Webmaster
Member # 2

3 Days and counting......
(Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday) Friday is is ours!!!

--------------------
~ Eric

Vonnie
Grand Member
Member # 4

So if I meet you Thursday night and give Colby back to you, he will be the first one to sleep at the new house. [Cry Smiley]

I really don't know if Thursday is going to work because I have company coming the next day. (my mom & Connie). I am sure I will have last minute cleaning to do.

We will wait & see

--------------------
Vonnie S. Toop

Stacy
Forum Regular
Member # 27

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stacy   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Where are the up-to-date pictures of the inside of your house now that you have somethings unpacked. You can post what it looked like while unpacking too! [Smile]
Posts: 417 | From: Mpls  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic is comprised of pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Faces

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To: