Toop.org Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Toop.org » What's Happening? » Construction Zone » We have made a decision

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: We have made a decision
Eric
Webmaster
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eric   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sheryl and I have been doing some talking & thinking for several weeks and we've come to the decision that we would like to simplify our lives.
We would like to focus more on us as a family and more time for our friends & families. We have come to the realization that our house is taking more energy and money than what we want it to. So we are putting our home up for sale in exchanging for a town house in the Ramsey school district. That way Maria doesn't need to change schools again.

THE GABLES AT RAMSEY TOWN CENTER - TERRACE SERIES

Currently we are spending more money then we would like... we knew it would be so for a few years. We've decided that it is just not worth what we thought it would be. We love our house, but love our kids more and need to pay more attention to them. And not work ourselves to death
to pay off our mortgage. Why we didn't think harder about it 2 years
ago we're not sure. Just another lesson in life.

It is going to be a much simpler life....no more lawn work or blowing snow. Now more time to visit friends & family, more bike ride trips to all the parks in the area, going camping, to the beach and more time for our kids activities. There is less space than our current house but it is all that we need. Plus then there will be less to clean. We know that this will be the right move for us and all four of us are very excited.

Please pray for us that this all will go smoothly.

Love, Sheryl, Eric, Maria, Hayden & Colby

Posts: 1138 | From: Ramsey, Minnesota  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eric
Webmaster
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eric   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tonight we also met with a realtor and feel confident that we can sell our home and be able to pay the realtor his fee and even maybe come out ahead.

That would be nice. But we aren't looking to come ahead. Just trying to simplify things. Have the time to go camping, visit others and not worrying about the grass growing too long will be wonderful.

We have been looking at several different townhome/condos in the past couple of weeks. So we like and others we don't. But the Dartmoor at the link above has just about everything we love. Space for everyone, including the computers and scapbooking stuff [Smile]

And the price is super. Here are some more links for you to review. The area we are looking at moving to is part of a master community plan. So that area is going to be great in the next couple of years.

Ramsey Town Center

Ramsey Town Center Map

The town homes we are looking at are in the upper right corner of the map, above the Charter School. So you can see the area will have trails, parks, restaurants, retail, and a transit station for the Soon to come North Star Rail.

--------------------
~ Eric

Posts: 1138 | From: Ramsey, Minnesota  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vonnie
Grand Member
Member # 4

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vonnie           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds like you guys have put a lot of thought into your further plans. Will you still be able to have Colby? I haven't been in this home they have picked out but I have seen pictures of the model home. It looks very nice! A lot of people in our area are doing this also. We keep getting more and more townhouses being build all the time. I should have done that years ago.

--------------------
Vonnie S. Toop

Posts: 1399 | From: Eau Claire, WI USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eric
Webmaster
Member # 2

This Saturday we are signing the purchase agreement on the Townhouse. They have already started to build the one we want.

Now all the fun starts again.... picking out carpet, tile, colors, counters, etc... let the fun begin again [Smile]

--------------------
~ Eric

Eric
Webmaster
Member # 2

Quick update

I've created a small movie of the model. It load pretty quickly on high speed connections.

Our Townhouse Page

Check it out. This coming Thursday we make our selections for the house. Appliances, tile, carpet, cabinets, doors, handles, etc.

--------------------
~ Eric

Eric
Webmaster
Member # 2

Selections for the house have been made.

Paint, wood, carpet, tile, fixtures, appliances, Toliets, sinks, counters, Networking, TV, phone placements, and other misc options.

It was a good day, but a little hard for me. The price they charge for something that I can do myself, but they won't allow me to do it until after close, but then would be too late, was driving me crazy.

Things I was allowed to do in our current home, but with a national builder I can't.

I made it through the morning though. It was very very helpful that Sheryl and I had gone down a week earlier and picked out a lot of items right away, so it was easier on the actualy selection day.

Walls are all up on the townhouse. Looks like they might have the roof on by the end of today. It is all assembled and on the ground at the moment.

I'm excited about this house. More time to play with the kids...and heck it is 3 stories high. I've never lived so close to god before [Big Grin]

--------------------
~ Eric

Sheleen
Grand Member
Member # 20

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheleen           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How far are they on your townhouse?

Haven't heard lately but I am sure they have gotten a little further.

We like going to the walk through video you did, Eric. We all think it looks pretty nice!

Also, any luck on your house? This time of year seems like the best time to sell.

Good luck!

Posts: 1020 | From: Spicer, MN 56288  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eric
Webmaster
Member # 2

Roof was put on a couple of weeks ago. And then last week Windows and Doors. So now there are locks on the house. So I'm trying to only go out once a week. Since I'll need Maria to sneak between some open studs in the garage stairs to get into the house to let me in.

I think they are working on the Duct work this week right now

--------------------
~ Eric

Eric
Webmaster
Member # 2

Nope nothing was really done this week.... just removal of the garbage. Nothing else

--------------------
~ Eric

korgecl
Member # 45

Icon 1 posted      Profile for korgecl           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Any bites on your house?
I have had about 10 people in two weeks plus an open house that brought in another 7. Hundreds of homes for sale in G.B. My realtor had 40 oprn houses yesterday and another one I glanced at had 60. Not all in the same local or price range but that is a lot of competition.

Posts: 53 | From: Green Bay office  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eric
Webmaster
Member # 2

Not at hot as that... we only get about 1 a week and 1 with every openhouse.

[Frown] it will only take time [Frown]

--------------------
~ Eric

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Faces

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To: